Hello... new mom in need of support to lose baby weight (and

Options
Hello all,

I am 28 (29 in like 2 months!) and I had my first baby in May. I joined this site 2 days ago. I was overweight before I got pregnant so at the end of it all I started off at 234-- I am 5'4! I had been doing low carb since Aug. and lost 15lbs total. I have a really hard time working out AND eating healthy... my pattern is that I generally will do one really well but then not the other.

This week I have been working out daily 45 min or more but my eating hasn't been good. ugh!

I would love to meet other moms in the same boat. I have many days where I am so overwhelmed by how much I have to lose that I feel very unmotivated. I am also a gym girl so when I can't get to the gym I tend to really suck at doing workout videos at home. lol

My first goal is to get to 180. I am currently at 219.

Replies

• smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Started Out at 211lbs. Currently 201lbs. Im 5'4 & a half.

I'm a first time mommy, my son is 8mths old (in 8 days) lol Add Me!
  • HollyS74
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to this site!! I totally understand where you are coming from, thinking about how much you have to lose can be so overwhelming. When I first started, I was so overwhelmed which just made me even more depressed about my weight. LOL. I would suggest changing your first goal to something easier. Your goal is almost 40 lbs, and that is VERY overwhelming!! I always did my goals by 10s. having to lose 10lbs is good progress, and it is not too much to the point where you feel overwhelmed. I always just thought "just lose these 10 lbs" and then once I did it was "now just lose these 10 lbs" LOL. Good luck in the battle with baby weight!! :)
  • Denisegp37
    Denisegp37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replys and suggestions! And thanks for letting me know about the mom group! AWESOME! :)
  • Gulfislander
    Options
    Break exercise in to small sessions that allow flexibility and is less daunting. Learn a 5 minute sun salutation and you may find you can fit it easier into a disrupted schedule than trying to get a thirty minute break. The depth of relaxation available in those five minutes will amaze you.
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I've had 2 kids, and although I didn't have as much weight to lose as you, I can identify with your anxieties. If you can, maybe start out with just simply eating right, and once you get the hang out that, start adding exercise in slowly (maybe twice a week so you don't get overwhelmed). Just remember, losing weight is never going to be easy, so you should understand now that it will most definitely be hard work but MORE than worth it! Before I had my kids I was 110lbs soaking wet, and afterward I was 50lbs heavier. I'd never had to work out a day in my life so it was a big adjustment coming to MFP and learning how to count calories, etc. But once you get the hang of it, you'll want to eat right, and you'll want to exercise because you'll like how you feel. Just remember, you CAN do it. It is hard work but if you commit and give everything you've got, you will not fail. you may fall off the wagon a few times, but as long as you get back on you'll do great :)
  • CGlose2
    Options
    I set my goals to 5lbs! Once I got to 5 lbs then I would say my next goal is 5 more! It comes so much faster and you feel so great about it, I think its all in your head! The feeling of accomplishment even at 5lbs at a time is such a natural high!!

My eating is the worst! But I work out 6 days a week, 2 hours a day. I don't leave the gym unless my Heart Rate Monitor says I've burned 1200 calories.

I have the hardest time working out at home too thats why I have to go to Lifetime, but I think Zumba is something fun you can do at home and get great results from. Keep it up and committ that time to yourself!! Take your daughter on walks, even though its getting cold outside(atleast it is by me, not sure where you live) but if its too cold for your little one, go walk the mall!! There are lots of fun mommy and baby exercises you can do too that are great for you and bonding with your daughter. Good luck, look forward to sharing stories with you!