what is good for breakfast?

Options
I try to eat breakfast every morning, most i do is cold cereal or oatmeal with raisins. (no sugar added to any) but it dosent last very long and within an hour, im hungry again! I will admit I dont eat enough fruit (costly for us atm) and I cannot eat eggs, they make me sick for some reason. Lately i have been making a ham and cheese melt w/ a small glass of 1% milk. That seems to satify me for a few good hours. But is there something else? I really need something to help me till lunch, otherwise im snacking all day.

thanks in advance for any advice :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RachelH25
    Options
    My fav breakfast 1/2 cup dry oats, pinch of cinnamon, 1/2 cup all natural apple sauce and 1/8 cup chopped walnuts. All about 300 cals.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with peanut butter & ground cinamon. Holds me over until snack time.
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    add some plain yogurt or fromage frais to your oatmeal with cinnamon, extra protein will keep you full longer
  • wanda007
    Options
    Protien is always good to keep hunger away...1oz low fat cheese or 1/4 cup nuts also are great...Hope this helps.:smile:
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    im not much of a eater in a morning so i have protein powder with semi skimmed milk and a banana in it!
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like all bran flakes with yoghurt. It keeps me full for a long time.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you make your oatmeal with water - you could make it with milk instead! You should ideally try to eat ever 3-4 hours, I usually have a snack between lunch and breakfast usually a cup of veggies and a tablespoon or so of dip not even 70 calories but it makes a huge difference!
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    Cottage cheese or greek yogurt both have a good protein hit. Cheese. PButter. If you can get fresh apples cheaply (my fruit goto for price, how long they store, ease of eating) a small one goes good with PB or cheese. Make you own hummus - have it with celery or carrots. Remember - breakfast can be whatever sounds good. A small amount of chicken rice porridge? small amount of dry high protein cereal to crunch on? carbmaster yogurt? (kroger generic brand) I make my own choco bran muffins and toss them in the freezer at work, to have one mid morning or afternoon. (the old WW recipie that uses all bran cereal.)
  • ressa8
    ressa8 Posts: 60
    Options
    I've been enjoying fat free cottage cheese and peanut butter toast. I also love smoothies with protein powder.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I like egg whites w/ veggies. Do you think you could tolerate that? Is it just eggs, or all lactose? You say you have cereal, so I am assuming you can have milk.

Fat free cottage cheese or soy bacon (or real bacon, 2 strips aren't that much of a calorie or fat difference) are other favorites of mine.
  • Kaeli14
    Kaeli14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    St Thomas bagel thins with peanut butter on them do the trick for me!
  • chriskaboo
    Options
    I have eggs, sausage and whole wheat bread with some hot coffee / with low fat carnation milk... keeps me satisfied all morning..
  • Kylea51
    Options
    very little milk-- i really have to watch it. cheese-- very little of that too-- but eggs? no can do any of that straight, even just the whites-- tried it before. Cottage cheese is good, havent had a problem with that so far. unforutunally my dh does most the food shopping, he will get what i want, but then he comes home and eats it!! lol. Maybe i will go with him next time. Talk to him about it.

But thanks for the ideas!! they sound real good! :)
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    I usually have plain oatmeal with either a container of non-sweetened applesauce mixed in or topped with some Bear Naked granola. Both seem to make it a lot more filling. I usually have some yogurt with it or an apple.
  • shelleyr06
    Options
    im the same, cant eat eggs :( but i usually have 50g bacon (no fat), mushrooms, zucchini, slice of onion and a clove of garlic (adds flavor and is super healthy) on 2 pieces of mulitgrain toast. Lasts me to lunch but i have a glass of milk around 10:30 just so i feel like ive had something