Pizza a vegetable

Options

Replies

• flippmode
    flippmode Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It does make it easier getting your 5-a-day though...
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Search button. Right at the top. I swear.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    MEANWHILE WALNUTS ARE A DRUG
  • Galletakek
    Options
    lols i was just talking about this :D! woot nom nom nom pizzza all day every day!..>.>.... -.=..........................O_O wait pizza .. oh my ....i dont even
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Pizza and French Fries. Add to that no Gym/Recess because every teacher is freaking out about NCLB (with good reason) and then wonder why are kids are so obese.........Only the government would be so ignorant!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Pizza and French Fries. Add to that no Gym/Recess because every teacher is freaking out about NCLB (with good reason) and then wonder why are kids are so obese.........Only the government would be so ignorant!

And lets add HFCS laden ketchup to that list too......... <where is the rolly eyes when you need it>

We need to vote with our wallets on the type of foods we want our kids to eat. Buy the stuff and make their lunches, send leftovers, etc.

Stop buying all the packaged, processed foods. The more we buy these things the more the government is going to push them on us.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow thats terrible...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

hehe
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

Can't swear on here, the filter won't let you.
    :wink:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    saw that the other day. Is this an "only in America" thing :tongue:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Would agree with this if the search button was actually useful on this site!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Wow. I didn't even think to use the search button function, as I wasn't asking a question or looking for info that may have already been available to me - just sharing something I found interesting when I found it. Apologies that it had already been discussed and I missed it and that in doing so it seems to have caused you so much frustration. I'll plead ignorance, I live in a small backward country, we get news slow down here. In the future I will remember use the extremely user friendly search function for everything I ever contribute to make sure no one has ever mentioned it before, as you do.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting again - I personally am glad to know people from other countries are finding out about this - not that it makes our Congress care. SEarch nbc.com for the Saturday Night Live skit with kermit. Hilarious but also frightening - the food companies spent $5 million lobbying Congress on this issue alone. This is why the US has problems.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    This is probably one of those things that conspiracy theorists feel the gov't does to get people talking about something other than whatever it is they don't want people really talking about. B/c, really, they can't be serious, right?
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    They did not declare pizza a vegtable. The truth is they voted in the agriculture appropriation bill to continued to allow 1/8 cup of tomatoe paste to be over counted as a serving of vegtable whereas other vegtables have to be one-half cup.

In other words 1/8 of tomatoe paste is counted the same as one-half cup of other vegtables. If you read the bill it says nothing about pizza being counted as a vegtable. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

This does continue to help the pizza manufactures to make a pizza that can be counted as a serving of vegtable. Servings of vegtable on school lunches are regulated by the government.

This is propaganda at it's finest!!!!!
  • Tyler4846
    Options
    They did not declare pizza a vegtable. The truth is they voted in the agriculture appropriation bill to continued to allow 1/8 cup of tomatoe paste to be over counted as a serving of vegtable whereas other vegtables have to be one-half cup.

In other words 1/8 of tomatoe paste is counted the same as one-half cup of other vegtables. If you read the bill it says nothing about pizza being counted as a vegtable. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

This does continue to help the pizza manufactures to make a pizza that can be counted as a serving of vegtable. Servings of vegtable on school lunches are regulated by the government.

This is propaganda at it's finest!!!!!

Would be nice if everyone on my FB page would actually read that, "1/8th cup of tomato paste is 1 serving of vegatable"
    just the overall thought of pizza being considered as a veggie is disgusting,