Is that really me?

Options
So many times I look in the mirror at home and think I dont look too bad, my workout clothes look good and I look good. Then I am out in the world and see my reflection in a window or door (or even a picture taken of me) and dont even recognize myself- I look over weight and not so cute!!

Anyone else have this happen?

Replies

• DMartin528
    Options
    i struggle with that alot so your def not alone i hate to see myself in pictures and i dont let others take them of me at least not willingly
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    windows and doors are likely to produce distorted reflections. You can't rely on them. I even look different in the different mirrors I have in my house. Rely on the scale, the tape measure, the calipers, how your clothes fit, but do not rely on mirrors.
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes. I think I looked ok for a long time until I saw two pictures that my mom took of me. First I had a very long cry, and then I decided to up my workout. I've since dropped about 28 pounds, but it's weird, because now I see the big me, even though some pictures prove otherwise.
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Yes!!! What an eye opener. But the I tell myself, "Ok, you have lived 16 year past your mother...count your blessings!" I'm still moving and can do...stuff.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It is important that you love yourself inside. No matter how much weight you lose or how "buff" you get unless you are happy with yourself inside you will always feel that way.
  • jenro39
    Options
    Yep Im in the same boat, I recently had to get all dressed up for a concert as I sing in a choir and so really took the time - which I dont usually do and looked good in the mirror if I say so myself. So much so that I asked my hubby to take a pic of me with his mobile which is unheard of for me as hate pics. He took one and what I saw on his phone was a bloated faced fatty and was miserable. I cant dwell on it though or would be permanently miserable. At least we are aware of how we look and are making the effort to change. Good luck everyone.
  • bootscronje
    bootscronje Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Clothes are a great mask at times. The best way to motivate myself and stay in touch with my body is to get out of the shower and stand in front of the mirror absolutely naked and even jump up and down if you are brave enough. . . . . I'll tell you that the mirror is a pretty good truthteller in this case. I know it seems funny, heck even scary but it does work! :-)