Buying a new scale...suggestions?

Options
Hi everyone,

After a few weeks of weird scale readings, I am breaking down to buy a new scale today. I am looking for suggestions from all my MFPers for what type. BMI, Body fat analyzers, ones that track, or just a good old fashioned weight only scale?

Thanks. I was just going to run to Bed Bath and Beyond or Target.

Have a great day!

Kris

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the same thing.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My electronic scale was giving me crazy readings so I purchased a plain $10 weight only scale....Going on about a month now and still happy with it!
  • tamaranash
    tamaranash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a scale by weight watchers I purchased at Walmart. When I was following the weight watchers program, I used to weigh myself the day of weigh in at home first. They were only .2 apart! So, I would recommend it for sure. It goes in .2 of a lb so on small loss weeks at least there is a loss. Tamara
  • oneLessS
    oneLessS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a Tanita scale that tells weight, fat %, water %, and bone weight. You put in your info like height and activity level. It also tells you how many calories to maintain your current weight. Mine has spaces for 4 users and 1 guest. They should have it at Bed Bath and Beyond. (It wasn't incredibly expensive and requires a 9volt) I have had it for 5 years now-just now happy to use it!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor one from Target I paid $40 for it. It does Body Fat etc but I don't use that, it's just the most consistent electronic scale I've ever had. My old one I would jump on twice in a row and get 2lbs difference.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You don't need an expensive one. Get digital, they are all good, but none are exact to the mg. You just need it to track progress, right? Don't spend too much.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I would recommend getting a non-digital scale. Keeps you from obsessing over fractions of pound.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good point