Your body will learn from this!

Options
Hi all, not really a success story as such (although I am noticing my clothes getting baggier by the day!) but I just thought I'd put this out there as a bit of encouragement...

I've been working really hard at controlling my portions and eating really well for two weeks now, and it's been hard. But yesterday I went to my parents' house for a Sunday roast, which traditionally his HUGE and normally I'd just stuff myself, and still snack in the evening - after dessert!

But last night I found that I ate as much as I needed to, and felt really stuffed later on - almost to the point where I started asking myself what pleasure it was I got from being utterly stuffed, like I used to! I didn't need dessert, and I certainly didn't need to snack later on - and I feel so much better in myself.

So keep at it - your stomach will shrink (along with the rest of you!) once you've got it under control :-)

Replies

• Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great job...that is a wonderful non-scale victory (that will reflect on the scale in the days to come) :smile:
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    That's Great

Had Thanksgiving yesterday with daughter and her family. Ate more than I neede but found out, much as you did, that couldn't. nor did I want to. eat as much as Thanksgiving dinner past'
    Keep up the good work you are a success story each step of the way :smile:
  • McFishie
    Options
    Great story. I think its ony when you start to notice the effect of the lifestyle changes that this really begins to work. I used to wonder how people survived on so little food when I'd eat a big meal and then snack afterwards - I think you've shown me the way. Thanks for the great inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!