Fitbit?

Options
what do you think of the fitbit? my birthday is coming up and im thinking of getting this but i first want to know if its any good. how does it track how many calories you burned? does it just use a basic bmr formula and estimate how many calories youve burned through exercise or what??

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A co-worker had this and he loved it! unfortunately he lost it but he really enjoyed it while he had it :)
  • mrzpeep1
    mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have it and wish now I would of got an HRM
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have it and wish now I would of got an HRM
    why?
  • mrzpeep1
    mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is really good if all you plan to do is walk. But if you ride a bike or do other exercise activities it gets confusing.
  • addlice36
    Options
    I have a Fitbit & I love mine. I think if you get it you will love it also. If something happen to mine today I would go out & buy another one. A very happy Fitbit owener
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • imafatloser
    Options
    I just got a fitbit last week and love it! It tracks calories burned while going about your everyday business. It even tracks while you sleep & tells you how well your sleeping. I love having a clear idea of what I burn in a day rather than guessing. MFP had my calories set too low...but with fitbit no more guesswork. And I notice that it actually motivates me to move more.

You won't get an accurate read with fitbit during workouts. It's not like a HRM to be used during exercise...except for walking. It's meant to be worn as you go about your day. I highly recommend it.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! I do mostly elliptical, arc trainer and walking/running, so it is perfect for those activities. It does make me more conscious of how much I am moving, even when I am not exercising. I also like that is discreet and super easy to use. I highly recommend it!
  • veirelav
    Options
    i love my fitbit and according to the new fitbit "app" page, they are working on linking it to /incorporating MFP. http://www.fitbit.com/apps i can't wait for that!
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I hope that MFP hurries to accomodate to the FITBIT. I love mine
  • Jdderrico
    Jdderrico Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!:happy: