Really tired after rest day?

Options
I took a rest day yesterday....well sort of. I didn't do my exercise videos or my c25k, but I did walk 3 miles on the treadmill at 3.5mph (I usually walk at 4.0 or higher) because I was in a really crappy mood and I knew exercise would make me feel better.

I woke up this morning to do the 30ds (I'm on week 1 day 5) and I was exhausted!! I made it through and then fueled up w/ protein but I'm still really tired. I got a great nights sleep, but my muscles and body just feel weak, especially my legs.

Is this typical? What can I do to help it? I have c25k to do tonight so I need to muster up some energy somewhere.

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    First of all, a rest day is not 3 miles on a treadmill. Sorry.

It sounds like you NEED an actual rest day. Your body is saying it's had enough.
  • Jackpalm
    Options

It sounds like you NEED an actual rest day. Your body is saying it's had enough.
  • Jackpalm
    Options
    I agree, you need rest!
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options

Lol, I know it's not a rest. I was in such a crappy mood that I knew I needed to take a walk or do something physical. I understand what you're saying though. Thank you for your reply!
  • Orrgarde86
    Orrgarde86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Try taking a proper rest day with no exercise at all!

If that doesn't work it may have something to do with your nutrition.
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    And, sorry to say, but it's Monday! You are allowed to be tired! I understand that when crabby mood to exercise to feel better. Maybe instead of the treadmill, go for a walk outside or in the mall? Something to really boost you and get vitamin D or increase your seratonin uptake? I know the treadmill would not really help me. But, go easy on yourself! I have the day off today and I'm still tired! And remember, your body does need one day of rest so your muscles can heal. Or if you are a go go go or if you take one day off and it's hard to get back on, then make your rest day a stretch day/yoga day!
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    Well I guess I should take a rest day. I already did 30ds today, so I guess I'll wait until tomorrow for my rest day. I just notice I feel 10000 times better after a good cardio workout. My attitude is better, I have more energy etc.

Plus, I can never seem to stay under my calorie goal of 1,200 calories on my rest day. I'm starving all day!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Plus, I can never seem to stay under my calorie goal of 1,200 calories on my rest day. I'm starving all day!

My opinion is that if you are working out 5/6/7 days a week, and have been for a bit of time, you should not be eating 1200 calories on your rest day. Your metabolism is reved up from that much working out. If 1200 calories has you at a 2 lb weight loss per week, then that's a deficit of 1000 calories per day. On your rest day tack on another 2 or 300 calories, or however many you need to feel satiated. It's not going to affect your weight loss.
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    if you switched it up and did something lighter in the morning like an easy walk or run outside (C25K), and save the DVD for later in the day it works out better, At least for me.

I always feel much better after being outside and running or wakling than after trying to do a strenous excercise inside. I always feel tired after 30 minutes of EA Active or a dvd also.