Optifast

Options
Is anyone else using optifast? I am trying it but have realised i'm way under my daily Caloire intake...

Replies

• jazzmannca
    Options
    I started Optifast 7 days ago. I weighed in last night and lost 4.8 lbs and my BP was the lowest it's been in years. I drink 1 1/2 gallons of water a day (now I know how pregnant women feel!) and I have not been physically hungry rather it's my brain that's been messing with me. So far so good. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm doing this!
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    my husband is using optifast through a doctor, dietician and kenisiologist regulated program through the local hospital. Optifast is a 900 calorie a day program, if you are using it you should only be doing so with medical supervision - like anything it is a radical liquid diet. It's a twelve week program of Optifast then a monitored reintroduction of food with weekly meetings to discuss mental, physical and emotional difficulties with life not just your diet.
    He was also told to supplement his daily intake with Metamucel 4 times a day for fibre otherwise you run the risk of impaction because of lack of fibre intake in your day.
    Just my two cents worth
    congrats on the weight loss,
  • kyb5521
    kyb5521 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are doing full blown optifast, you need to be seeing a doctor every week. It is supposed to be a medically supervised program. By week three, I could not really concentrate and found it was because my blood pressure was too low. They cut my meds in half and I was good as gold again. You can get in real trouble doing that low and not being checked. It would work as a diet supplement in addition to food, but here in Florida you cannot get it except through the medical industry.