Has anyone else tried PGX?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has tried PGX. I've been taking it for nearly a month and haven't seen the results they claim. Just wondering if it needs more time or if I'm just wasting my money...

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I tried it and thought it was a waste of money.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    PGX is not much of a weight loss suppliment. It is more proven as a blood-sugar regulator. It works well for diabetics. I was at a conference and they were a sponsor so I came home with a bunch of samples. When I take it as directed I do notice that I eat less because i am fuller faster. The PGX molecules expand something like 600 times when taken with water. It is a great fiber suppliment, i noticed appitite suppression, but it will not make you lose large quantities of weight. If you have diabetes, or have the cahs for a good fiber suppliment then go for it, if not, just get your fiber from your food, it will work out well too.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I did take pgx. Did I notice a change .....Ummmmmmmmm NO and got to the max amount. But then started to count the calories in those and it was mind blowing.Gave them up and started drinking a lot more water and that seems to be working.
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Jeepers! I didn't even cosider the calories! I'd better have a look at that! Thanks for the insight.
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am taking it mostly for extra fibre and as a blood sugar regulator... I definately notice that I am full faster, but all the advertisments say that people can eat anything and their blood sugar doesnt' spike... not so with me. Does anybody know how long it takes to work?
  • lisa91263
    Options
    How many calories are in it I cant find that info and I take it for blood sugar regulation.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yes I tried it too. I saw no results but my sugar level did come down.
    I found the pills way too large to get down. :ohwell:
    I haven't talked to anyone else who has tried it.
  • TamaraGraceS
    Options
    About the calories....( Sorry I had the flu was away!) 10 calories each
  • TamaraGraceS
    Options
    Not that I am hard core track everyhting but I happened to start to look at where I was adding extra calories. Cold and flu meds Nyquil is 98 calories for 2 tbsp