Weekend NSV

Options
So I went out this weekend and got some new dress shirts because I was swimming in my old ones for work. So I go to Kohls with a friend of mine. I had previously been very anti-kohls because I feel they are sizist. They carry 3x on their website, but they don't carry it in the store, which in my mind means they don't want overly large people in their stores. My friend had never been to Kohls so I bit the bullet. I'm looking through their shirts and of course all they have is 2x, and it's in a "contemporary" cut, which according to the tag is a slim cut. I put one on, and of course because of my distorted body image it didn't seem like it fit, but I walked out and my friend loved the shirt so I got two of them. I wore one to work today, and I've already had 4 people comment on how much weight I've lost and how "slim" I look. At 284 I don't feel slim, but 21 pounds in 50 days is a heck of a start on this journey.

Replies

• longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thats a great start well done. Keep at it x
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congratulations on going INTO Kohl's and congratulations on purchasing the shirts! Way to go!
  • Jessicareyes78
    Jessicareyes78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's great! I felt the same way. They are not size friendly in woman size either and clothes that would fit my grandmother wouldn't even wear. lol...Well congrats and Enjoy your holidays!
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU...DON'T YOU LOVE IT!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Jax! You have been so dedicated and have made some incredibly positive changes. Keep it up and you'll hit your goal before you know it.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    First of all, way to go!! :) Good for you, that is awesome.

I also wanted to comment because I work with Kohl's (but not FOR Kohl's) on how they order and stock sizes in their stores. I am pretty sure they aren't sizist -- I think it's a combination of not wanting to order too many sizes that are either too small or too big that people might not buy and also things just selling out when they are there. I am not sure why I feel like I need to defend Kohl's when I don't work for them... but I think they are pretty good and since I had this "insider info" thought I may as well share.

But anyway, go you!!! :D
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    And you looked FAB in those shirts :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!

Its funny that you mention that because I didn't buy new jeans until I was like 55 pounds down because I have always had bad experiences trying on clothes. I had try a ton of them because I couldn't believe the sizes, and not for the wrong reasons...I lost 6 pant sizes! It is just crazy! Once I started wearing clothes that fit, thats when people really started noticing.

I am so happy for you! I would start measuring yourself so you know when to buy your next set of shirts, pants or jeans ;)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Woooohoooo. Isn't it nice when others notice how hard youve worked
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!