HELP IM BORED

Options
I BEEN ON MY JOURNEY SINCE AUGUST1, 2011 WEIGHING 287LBS, I SET OUT TO LOSE 60 LBS BY FEB1, 2012. MY PLAN WAS TO LOSE 10LBS A MTH. I HAVE LOST 27LBS WHICH IS NOT FAR FROM MY GOAL. I JOINED MFP IN NOV 12,2011 THE DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY WEIGHING 263LBS. SINCE I JOIN I GAVE MY SELF ANOTHER GOAL TO LOSE 63 WITH OUT A TIME FRAME. IM DOWN 3LBS SINCE JOINING. I HAVE DROPPED FROM A SIZE 24 TO A SIZE 18. WHILE CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY I HAVE ALSO BEEN CELEBRATING MY NEW SIZE 18. NOW FINDING IT HARD TO GET BACK ON TRACK. I HAVE COME TO FAR TO MESS UP NOW AND FEB IS AROUND CORNER. SOMEONE TOLD ME ABOUT MFP AND FIGURE THIS IS THE BOOST I NEED . HELP SOMEONE IM BORED.

Replies

• mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Instead of focussing on weight goals, why not try some lifestyle goals? For example, "I want to go shopping without using a car".
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work! Yesterday I saw a woman who said even if you don't achieve your goal or win a prize, you still owe it to yourself to be proud and thankful that you did it. You've lost a lot of weight and are well on your way, that matters a lot.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    you can do this! look how far youve come without us, and just think how far you will be with us! just add friends you know will be supportive. if you are bored, get out of the house, walk, garden, ride a bike, whatever, go window shop in the stores you know you will be able to shop at. one of the girls on the biggest loser went to a shop and said I want to fit into that dress, and she made that her goal and she did it! It was a huge gift to myself when I was able to shop in a regular store instead of lane bryant. you can do this!
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    First of all, WAY TO GO on the weight you have already lost on your own! MFP will be a great tool to help you find different recipes and workouts to do. You don't say what you are bored with, but if it is exercise, I would suggest trying something you have never done before. I guess the same goes for food. Mix things up!! Look around the boards here and try something you might have been scared to try before. And make friends! The community here is great to help keep you motivated.
  • JU_CFRUIT
    JU_CFRUIT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you can do this! look how far youve come without us, and just think how far you will be with us! just add friends you know will be supportive. if you are bored, get out of the house, walk, garden, ride a bike, whatever, go window shop in the stores you know you will be able to shop at. one of the girls on the biggest loser went to a shop and said I want to fit into that dress, and she made that her goal and she did it! It was a huge gift to myself when I was able to shop in a regular store instead of lane bryant. you can do this!
    I UNDERSTAND I USE TO WORK FOR LANE BRYANT, AND TO BE ABLE TO SAY I CANT WEAR THEIR CLOTHES IS A DREAM WAITING TO COME TRUE
  • JU_CFRUIT
    Options
    THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS , ITS THE BOOST I NEEDED TO GET MY HEAD BACK IN THE GAME
  • JU_CFRUIT
    Options
    Instead of focussing on weight goals, why not try some lifestyle goals? For example, "I want to go shopping without using a car".
    I UNDERSTAND WHAT U MEAN , I DID A 5K WALK FOR BREAST CANCER IN HONOR OF MY BEST FRIEND AND I WAS SOOO PROUD OF MYSELF. I MY GOAL IS TO BE ABLE RUN A 5K NEXT YEAR FOR BREAST CANCER.
  • mfp_1
    Options
    That's a great goal. How are you planning to achieve it?
  • JU_CFRUIT
    Options
    First of all, WAY TO GO on the weight you have already lost on your own! MFP will be a great tool to help you find different recipes and workouts to do. You don't say what you are bored with, but if it is exercise, I would suggest trying something you have never done before. I guess the same goes for food. Mix things up!! Look around the boards here and try something you might have been scared to try before. And make friends! The community here is great to help keep you motivated.
    IM NOT BORED WITH EXERCISE , I HAVE A GREAT PERSONAL TRAINER. I ALSO TAKE ALL KIND OF CLASSES THE GYM . WHAT I AM BORED OF DRINKING WATER, YES I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT WATER IS IN WEIGHT LOSS. IM ALSO BORED WITH MY FOOD CHOICES . I AM A FUNNY EATER AND ITS A LOT OF STUFF THAT I CANT STOMACH.
  • JU_CFRUIT
    Options
    That's a great goal. How are you planning to achieve it?
    WELL HOPEFUL I WILL B 63LBS LIGHTER, MORE TONE AND BE ABLE TO RUN @T LEAST A HOUR WITH OUT HAVING TO CATCH MY BREATH
  • mfp_1
    Options
    We need to focus on what simple small things you can do now. Can you walk more e.g. walk to the shops or get off the bus one stop earlier?

You may also be interested in this group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • JU_CFRUIT
    Options
    We need to focus on what simple small things you can do now. Can you walk more e.g. walk to the shops or get off the bus one stop earlier?

You may also be interested in this group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
    WELL YES I CAN, MY TRUCK BROKE DOWN A WEEK AGO. SINCE I CANT GET TO THE GYM I TRY TAKING HR WALKS. THANKS FOR GROUP YES I WILL JOIN. ARE U A MEMBER?
  • mfp_1
    Options
    It's good that you can do walks. Exercise isn't just a separate chore, it can be part of the way you do things.

I recommend the couch to 5 km group but I'm not a member.