wobbly bride-to-be in need of moral support

Options
khc14
khc14 Posts: 16 Member
hello all! have been using this app for a loooooong time (intermittently) but am back with a vengeance now as boyf finally popped the question and we've set the date for 4th May '12......

a little bit about me - am turning into an habitual yo-yo dieter, probably propmpted by my "black or white" personality - if I do something I do it 100% or not at all.

have started on a reduced calorie (aiming for higher protein lower carb set up) diet and target of 3 gym sessions a week. 1 will be with my enduring personal trainer, and probably 2 classes, with maybe the odd 2km jog thrown in for good measure.

i have at least 10kg (if not 15) to lose in just under 6 months.... hope you'll be with me for what no doubt will be an epic adventure!

Would love to hear from anybody, ideally to gain a buddy in some form or another!

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was married July 23rd of this year - it's a very exciting time! I didn't lose much weight before the wedding; I had too much other stuff going on.

10kg seems doable in your timeframe, but it's going to take dedication!

Good luck! don't give up :)
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride to be also! Our date is April 28, 2012! Our plane leaves for our honeymoon on May 4th. I will friend you :) I think that we could be great support for one another!
  • ForgottenAngel
    Options
    congrats on the soon to be wedding and I hope your quest for weight loss is success for you. if you ever need someone to talk to just shoot me a message ^_^
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs for my wedding (four years agao) and now am trying to lose the post-wedding/baby weight. This site is fantastic, and I know you will attain your goals, as well will I!
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm a rebride-to-be! Husband and I are planning to renew vows in September 2013 (our 25th anniversary). You can do it! We're here to help and hopefully, you inspire us!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! You are getting married on my 7th anniversary......awesome date!!! You can totally loose the weight, you just have to stay focused....eye on the prize!!!
  • khc14
    khc14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies! i've never used a forum before bu tma thinking it'll be good to have access to people in my weaker moments :-) how are you guys finding everything? any hints or tips i should know about? x
  • Bella3119
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! I'm wanting to be a bride....... Can I be part of your club anyways?? :):):):):)
  • JammiRee
    Options
    Congratulations... I've been a member for awhile too but this time it's for realzies :) My wedding is 6 months away!!! :happy:
    We're getting married May 26!
    Today's my first day giving it my all... let's become the happiest brides ever!
  • naciocali
    Options
    Hello!!!

I am in your shoes! Being recently engaged, I am needing to tone up before our wedding - on May 19th! It's shaping up to be a wonderful time of year to get married! Only 6 months to go and I am confident that it will happen...but a little encouragement and accountability go a long way! :)

I joined myfitnesspal because of my blood pressure (not necessarily to lose weight initially) and in order to more closely monitor my sodium intake. The perks have been that I can actually chart calories, sugars, etc. as well, and it has given me a bit of a drive to get into tip top shape before the 'big day'.

Hopefully we'll be able to provide some accountability over these next few months!
    Happy Monday!
  • AlmostMrsMoore
    Options
    Feel free to give me an add, same to all you other bride-to-be ladies - I'm in the same boat and I'm known for not having the best willpower in the world - so any support is always great!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me too! I'm getting married May 12th 2012 and with just under 6 months to go I am wanting to lose about the same amount as you. MFP has definitely focussed me on this goal and the community and support is brilliant. good luck! x
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! I'm wanting to be a bride....... Can I be part of your club anyways?? :):):):):)

Me too! LOL