Easy Vegan Spaghetti-Os

Options
1 can condensed tomato soup
2-4 oz dried spaghetti
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
Non-dairy milk or water

Depending on how much pasta you add, serves 1-2 people.

Simmer a can of condensed tomato soup in a pan. As per the directions on the soup can, either add half a can of water and half a can of non-dairy milk, or a whole can of non-dairy milk. When the soup is bubbling a bit, break up the spaghetti into small pieces and drop it in. Add the spices & nutritional yeast.. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, make sure the spaghetti is cooked, and enjoy!

You can adjust spices/yeast to your taste, and any kind of pasta works (I imagine macaroni would also be delicious). This is an easy vegan treat.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Are these "kid friendly?" I would assume so, but here's the situation. My son is allergic to milk and eggs so he can't have the super easy canned spaghetti-os, but every time I attempt to make something like this with soy milk, he hates it. Any suggestions!? I recently made a soup that used pureed cauliflower instead of cream to thicken and make it creamy and he ate that, do you that something like that would work here? Thanks in advance!
  • yessica101
    Options
    Cool look forward to trying it:glasses:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Are these "kid friendly?" I would assume so, but here's the situation. My son is allergic to milk and eggs so he can't have the super easy canned spaghetti-os, but every time I attempt to make something like this with soy milk, he hates it. Any suggestions!? I recently made a soup that used pureed cauliflower instead of cream to thicken and make it creamy and he ate that, do you that something like that would work here? Thanks in advance!

There doesn't appear to be any soy in the recipe. Or milk/eggs. But it will be thin, like regular O's.
  • spinachdiva
    Options
    Yep - this is vegan, no milk or eggs in here.

Make sure to check your ingredients label of your soup and milk to be sure, though. If you want to avoid soy, use rice or almond milk. Or just use water (it will not be very creamy though.)
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pureed cauliflower to thicken the above recipe... Hrmm, I just may have me some Spaghetti-Os after like a 100 years of doing without.
    Thanks for the recipe and the cauliflower tip!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Nice alternative to try. Thanks for sharing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yep - this is vegan, no milk or eggs in here.

Make sure to check your ingredients label of your soup and milk to be sure, though. If you want to avoid soy, use rice or almond milk. Or just use water (it will not be very creamy though.)

Thanks, I have never used the canned non dairy milk, not sure if that is actually casein free or not, I will have to look into it. I am excited to try this though! My 5 year old might get to have some "kid food!"