Squash Vs water

Options
Sepa
Sepa Posts: 243 Member
I would like peoples opinion on squash. I hate drinking water. It's boring and no matter how hard I try I usually can't reach 2l a day. Do you think it would be better if I just drunk squash? I could easily do 2l of squash but will it work with weightless? (I would also log the extra calories it has over water)

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of squash as my "water". I personally don't think it's an issue, as long as you remember to stick to the no added sugar ones. The ones with sugar in are ridiculous for calories!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Being a US poster, at first I was all - HOW DO YOU DRINK A SQUASH!? It's a solid gourd!

Then I was like...oh yeah...squash is a concentrated flavored beverage in the UK and is a tasty cola - Tuborg Squash - in Denmark.

As long as it's not the sugary version, you're okay.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Remember, it doesn't matter where that 2l comes from. Tea/coffee/squash/soda/milk/fruit/veg etc. Just make sure you're getting enough water from those sources, and it's all good. :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Being a US poster, at first I was all - HOW DO YOU DRINK A SQUASH!? It's a solid gourd!

Then I was like...oh yeah...squash is a concentrated flavored beverage in the UK and is a tasty cola - Tuborg Squash - in Denmark.

I always think the same! If I hear "squash" in a foreign accent I would know better, but reading it always fools me. But summer squash has a ton of water, you could probably put it in the blender and make a lovely beverage. :laugh:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

I always think the same! If I hear "squash" in a foreign accent I would know better, but reading it always fools me. But summer squash has a ton of water, you could probably put it in the blender and make a lovely beverage. :laugh:

That seems delightful.
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I never drink plain water. I always drink squash, or flavoured water or something similar. Your body just needs water. It doesn't care what else comes with it. Squash is great. It doesn't have many calories (assuming you're getting sugar free squash) and it adds some flavour to your water.
  • Deirdre_R
    Deirdre_R Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yup I drink squash rather than plain water. I'm going to take squash to Zumba tonight as well instead of water.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of drinking pumpkins. Its not so bad if you sift out all of the seeds. :P LOL I had to google this topic because I thought you were actually talking about drinking an actual squash. lol
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of drinking pumpkins. Its not so bad if you sift out all of the seeds. :P LOL I had to google this topic because I thought you were actually talking about drinking an actual squash. lol

Hehe. I can just imagine trying to blend an actual squash to get juice!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

Yes, its very important to sift out the seeds. If not, you may experience discomfort when you sift later.