Huge NSV for me today

Options
As we paddle along this journey we all come across bridges we need to cross. something like 70-80% of people don't out of weeks 4-6. something always comes up and takes you off track. Today was that day for me.

I normally get up at 5:40, be at they gym by 6:10 and in my office by 9. Today I woke up beeling like a dirty bag of *kitten*. My throat is raw, my head is pounding and i got the beginings of a head cold. This is where I shut it down. I stay in bed, i watch movies and I accomplish nothing for a few days except feeling sorry for myself. When I get sick like this too its also a food disaster. I'm not one to eat nothing while I am sick. nothing tastes good, so I try everything to find something I might actually enjoy. I break all the rules when I am sick, i binge on all the crap i shouldn't have, and the worst part about it is i dont enjoy one single ounce of it.

This is where I have fallen off so many times before. food goes out the window, i stop working out for a few days, a few days turns into a week a week into a month......its a time tested effective train de-railer.

Today i shut off my alarm, put my head back down on my pillow and went back to sleep. an hour later I woke up still feeling like a dirty bad of *kitten* but something else was bugging me. I felt guilty, i felt worse knowing that i was about to shut it down, I felt horrible knowing that while i lay there in my sorrows of sickness I was a little excited to be sick because that meant I had an excuse to screw everything up. So I got out of bed

I went to the gym almost 2 hours late, and just killed week 4 day 1 of my C25K program. I ran well, I will not let a little head cold ruin what I have done, and I just proved to myself that I am capable of more than I thought while feeling like crap...imagine what I can do when I feel good!....

onward and upwards

Replies

• NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    congrats to you....the power of positive thinking :flowerforyou:
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That IS a major victory!! I know how you feel, I have done similar on too many occassions!!! Kudos to you and keep it up!!!
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Amazing victory! I hope when I get in the same place I can have your willpower!
  • McFishie
    Options
    You're an amazing inspiration:)
  • reallyneatgirl
    reallyneatgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Proud of you. Good job sticking ot out even when you didn't feel well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!