Afraid to Weigh-In

Options
This is my first post, and I thought I would ask for some advice. I weighed myself on Saturday and lost 1.2 lbs from my weigh in the week before. My weight loss was low because I went out to eat twice over the weekend, so I weighed myself again today and it appears that I lost an additional 6 lbs. Now, I'm afraid to log that in, because I feel like it might be a fluke of some sort.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Should I log my weight and just hold myself accountable to it?

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Give it another day, and if you're the same tomorrow, log it (and OWN it!). The sodium from restaurants probably showed a smaller loss the first week, but tomorrow if you're the same, its yours to keep! Congrats! :bigsmile:
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't get obsessed with the scale. It takes time to start losing weight, so give it a little time. I weigh myself once a week at the same time of day with the same amount of clothes on. Don't be afraid of the scale. It's just a machine, you rule over it.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    salt from cheat eating ..any booze? that will show a 5lb drop sometimes.. dehydration..
  • 6packngunz
    Options
    Most weight you lose at the start of a diet is water weight so it is possible. I lost 10lbs the first 2 weeks of my diet.
    You will master the scale don't worry.
    Good luck.
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    :smile: Yes, I was drinking, so that could be a part of the problem. Thanks for the advice , I'll just wait until Saturday to log my weight because that is the date I set for myself.
  • novaboi24
    novaboi24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Remember that weigh-in isn't always accurate. Just because I put in a great effort today in cardio doesn't mean that it will show tomorrow. My body could be still burning the fat during tomorrow so I would say don't worry too much about it. After all, it's only another week until the next weigh-in! Water and fluids do change your mass on the weighing scale. A more accurate way is to measure your body fat percentage. Give it ago every 2 weeks or fortnight :)