Starting to feel under the weather

Options
I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or it's just allergies or the change in seasons. But I feel pretty lousy with a sore throat and nasal congestion.

For some reason it seems to be affecting my appetite because I feel a lot hungrier than usual. In addition, I don't even know what to do about exercise since it's hard for me to even breathe. I've been trying to rest up but I don't want to get off track, especially if it is just the weather and I'm going to feel like this for awhile.

Any ideas?

Replies

• cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me I do a little bit a cardio, not pushing myself as hard as I usually do. And make sure to eat properly and get some extra vitamin C. That will typically knock it.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Airborne.

I felt that way a few weeks ago, and with three days of Airborne, I feel much better now.

Good luck, and I hope you see some relief soon!
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have not been feeling well for over a month. Sinus problems that then moved into my chest. I was also wondering what I should do about exercise. Generally, if you're going to exercise while under the weather I would take it easy. I have read that if the cold is still above your neck you can exercise, but if it moves to your chest you should not exercise. I think I found this on webmd or the Mayo Clinic website.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds exactly like what my husband and I both have right now... and we aren't that far from you...

From what I hear, it's going around.
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    I have had a cold this past week, still not gone and no signs of improvement. I had just started back on here too. I haven't quit doing any of my walking or anything, but I am going to do some minor indoor activities such as light cleaning. Hopefully this will give me time to recover.It is difficult to give in to the resting that is needed for fear of getting off track with exercise, but healing the body is more important at this particular time. Hopefully you get better soon too.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would for sure get some vitamin C and/or Airborne. As for exercise, I agree with the above person that said maybe just try to get some light cardio in. Enough to keep your body moving and kill a few calories, but nothing to overdo yourself. I know it's discouraging to think about getting off track, but if you really are getting sick your main focus needs to be to get better. If you push yourself too much you may make your cold last longer as opposed to if you try to push too much through it. I hope you feel better soon!
  • sryan8408
    Options
    You know those flinstone vitamins that they make for kids? They have an immunity support one, and whenever I feel like I have a cold coming on, I switch my multi vitamin to that for the days I don't feel good. Haven't gotten full blown sick once yet this year. Drink some yogurt probiotics too (Kefir, Dannon), helps your digestive system work properly and thats where your immune system is. Feel better and good luck! Btw if you're hungry, you should eat. Don't ever let yourself be hungry when you're sick. Your body needs fuel to fight off that infection.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I will definitely try to take it easier. Maybe just walk a bit instead of doing my usual aerobics. And I've been making sure to take Vitamin C and I always have probiotic yogurts. But I will look into the Flintstones vitamins as I could always use more ways to protect my immune system!