Sizzlin summer slimdown 4-23-09

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
Wow - I get to start today!! HAPPY THURSDAY you wonderful ladies!!!

I attempted the kickboxing class last night - glad I wasn't on film....guess I sorta was the instructor was taping to send in for her re-certification but OH well nobody knows me where shes sending it. I felt so uncoordinated...but had a great time - can't wait to try again. After the class I used the elliptical for 20 m noticed that my new gym has a precor - T - what was the difference again in that and an elliptical?? May try it today at lunch. There's a Groove class - dance type class that I may try to look like a fool in again today.....we'll see how brave I get during the day.

I am still falling below 1200 calories 3/7 days this week because exercise puts me under....I am trying to be careful in my choices to stay low cal and not fall back into old habits - it's hard to get this right but I am trying.

Have a happy day!!!

I've finished 6/30 today will be 7

Replies

• chrissyh
    Options
    Wow - I get to start today!! HAPPY THURSDAY you wonderful ladies!!!

I attempted the kickboxing class last night - glad I wasn't on film....guess I sorta was the instructor was taping to send in for her re-certification but OH well nobody knows me where shes sending it. I felt so uncoordinated...but had a great time - can't wait to try again. After the class I used the elliptical for 20 m noticed that my new gym has a precor - T - what was the difference again in that and an elliptical?? May try it today at lunch. There's a Groove class - dance type class that I may try to look like a fool in again today.....we'll see how brave I get during the day.

I am still falling below 1200 calories 3/7 days this week because exercise puts me under....I am trying to be careful in my choices to stay low cal and not fall back into old habits - it's hard to get this right but I am trying.

Have a happy day!!!

I've finished 6/30 today will be 7
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I did my 30 day sgred again last night (3 days in a row) ouch. My legs burn today, tonight I think I will hit the elliptical. I have done 4/30. I have been a little over on my calories but they have been healthy choices so I do not feel as bad about it.

Chrissyh I would not worry about looking silly as long as you had fun doing it.

ROCK ON LADIES:drinker:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    My life is CRAZY right now. I am trying to make good choices and stay right around my calories and not go over or under like I have lately. I am Getting all my water in and doing some small bits of exercise when I have short bits of time. Have a great Thursday everyone! :)
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!! Nothing much going on here. I finally got out of this slump and off my butt yesterday. I stayed well within my calories and my sodium and I did the biggest loser bootcamp video. Stepped on the scale this morning and was pleased to see that I had dropped another pound. Now, I just have to make myself get off my butt again today and stay out of this slump!
    C-, glad you had fun, even if you do think you looked foolish. Good Luck on the other class today if you decide to take it!
    S- I can't do the 30 day shred, I tried and couldn't walk for a week! Maybe someday I'll be able to do it!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :flowerforyou:

ROCK ON Chrissy! :drinker: So glad you're trying the new classes and having a blast. Hey, you can't have looked any more of a fool than I did when I ate the floor during a step aerobics class! :laugh: Infact, I'm sure you didn't look like a fool at all. You're there, trying, and that's what counts! Oh, and thanks for the advice last night - I think I need to invest in a LOT of sugar free gum! :tongue:

Good job smadag! 3 days of the 30 day shred?! That's awesome! :glasses: :drinker:

I finished day 5/30 last night - got in a GREAT workout and i'm going to try to start 'running'. IT will be a LONG and probably painful road, but I'd like to be able to become a runner. I may even look at the "Couch to 5K" everyone talks about. Anyone tried it??

I've got to go drive around town this afternoon and turn in Job Applications for a Part Time job. But, as soon as I'm finished with that, it's off to the gym! My foot is FINALLY feeling like it's back to normal, so I think some intense LOWER body strength training is planned for this evening! :bigsmile: I'm quite excited.

Thank you all again (SO MUCH) for the support yesterday. I realized when I got home that eating all that fatty food yesterday really took a toll on my body. I felt sick ALL day and was completely exhausted. Funny how when you feed your body crap, it feels like crap! So - here's to heathly choices and tons of exercise. I'm hoping to have just maintained last weeks weight and not have gained by Friday morning - we'll see though! :ohwell:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Smadag-I love the 30 day shred-it's a great workout in a short time.

PSM-30 day shred gets easier each time you do it....you'll get it in no time.

Opera-I've been thinking about that couch to 5k too but haven't gone any further with it. Good luck with the job search and have fun at your workout.

Ness-hang in there - keep making smart food choices and any activity isactivity so keep at it!

T - where are you???
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty yucky day yesterday, and went 500 over on calories. I got a migrane in the afternoon, so I went home and went to bed. DH was trying to be nice, and picked up Arby's for dinner. So not only did I not make it to the gym, but I ate Arby's and went back to bed.

Today the sun is finally shining, and I have a lot of energy. I plan to go to the gym after work, and then I hope to get some house work done.

Opera- I live on sugar free gum. If you get it at Sam's Club it is way cheaper. You can get 12 packs of Orbitz for $8.50. I go through at least 4 pieces a day:tongue:
    I was thinking about trying the couch to 5K as well. Let me know if/when you are going to start it, and maybe we can try doing it together.

Have a great day ladies....tomorrow is FRIDAY:bigsmile:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I'm seeing a little bit of interest in the COUCH to 5K program....maybe we could start up a 'challenge' or something? I haven't actually looked into how it all works, I should probably do that! :wink: Maybe this weekend I'll get some more details and we'll figure something out ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Sounds good - keep me posted on the couch to 5k - there is a challenge that started when we started this one - we could add it in here to for whoever wants to do it....I love this group!!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just had lunch with my hubby. To bad we went out for chinese! I tried to drink a lot of water to make up for the grease, and now I don't feel so good:sad:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm in for couch to 5k, but i really need it to be couck to 10k! one of my friends MIGHT have roped me into doing a walk/run 10k over memorial day weekend! AHHH!!!!

well, i had my yearly today and i lost 7 lbs since this time last year :) WOOHOO!!!

unfortunately, i've only lost 1 lb for this challenge- time to pick it up. Pilates class is tonight, so i will start with that.

OH! and job news- i scored a big interview on monday for a really sweet job in terre haute, indiana (i'm in NW michigan). it kinda came out of the blue cause i applied half-heartedly about a month ago, and they called yesterday and offered to FLY me down (but i'm driving). but exciting, right!!??? :bigsmile:

happy thursday! :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    Options
    Yeah for you:flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

I am so impressed by the change in attitudes from earlier this week to today!! You all are doing what you need to do now and feeling better and I am really proud of you!!!

I have had some morning sickness for the past couple days and have been eating A LOT of crackers. I am going easy on myself because that is just what I need to do to feel better. Am still working to get healthy foods in me too whenever I can.

Yesterday I took a day of rest but tonight I am hitting the gym for some elliptical, biking, and strength training.I beleive I am at 6/30. I really want to try the Zumba class but I have no rhythm; anyone ever tried it? I also want to become fit enough for spinning but think it will be awhile.

I hope you all decide to do the couch to 5k. I think that is the best idea you have had yet!!! It will make you so proud of yourselves and you should be :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    Options
    Can someone explain the couch to 5K to me, I would love to join another group with you fine bunch of ladies.:drinker:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon all!

everyone sounds like they are having a good week so far! I haven't gotten much exercise in, but just because i've been busy with family stuff, and house stuff, so I havent been sitting around either! it just seems like every night i have something else to do, like grocery shopping, or taking my son to gymnastics (last night), i hate not having time to do it, but hopefully i can make up for it over the weekend. i've still been eating well and trying to drink my water.
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in. My internet has been down this week, and FINALLY got fixed today!
    Today will be exercise day 7/30. And I am down 3 more lbs at 185 as of Monday!! :D 7 more lbs to lose for this challenge.

Keep up the good work!
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Long time no post! We now have an "internet policy" at work that forbids us to participate in forums. :grumble: That's why I haven't been on. It's tough to get on at home because my boyfriend spends a lot of time on the comp. I justed wanted to give you all a quick update.

I set my goal even smaller than the last 2 challenges since I did so crappy with them. I am only going for 5lbs this time. But the good news is, I'm already halfway there!!

I have changed my workout routine. I have been doing the stair climber for 25 minutes (kicking my butt!!) and doing a fast paced walk for another 25. It seems to be working since I have finally surpassed that plateau I've been at for about a month.

I'm so proud of you all!!! We're all going to be sexy mamas by summer.... What am I saying "going to be"??? WE ALREADY ARE!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!