Emotions Controlling Eatting Habits?

Options
I dont know if its me trying to be more aware of my body but I've been kinda emotional today. Just more upset and work has been super stressful(its been 5hrs and I've just gotten up once to use the bathroom). I think its better to listen to my body, if i'm not hungry I shouldn't eat. But if my emotions are stopping me from eatting do I still force something down? Anyone else have an issue with this? What do you do?

Replies

• abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem. Mine is the exact opposite - when I'm emotional, all I want to do is eat. I have to force myself not to!
  • BNUG
    BNUG Posts: 10
    Options
    Emotions for me play a huge role in my eating habits. I would say the best thing to do is to watch when you eat, keep track of when you last ate etc. keeping track and keepin on a schedule is best ofr your body and metabolism. If you don't eat...your metabolism withh virtually stop so make sure youre eating...if you are not feeling like eating on day, have some peanut butter, almonds or any kind of nuts really and that will give you the calories without forcing a whole meal down your throat :) Hope this helps
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It's just my opinion, but I think you need to eat something, even if it's just something small - protein shake, hard boiled egg, protein bar. You really don't want to get into the habit of not eating because it can lead to worse things... In my case, it always leads to binging, and then I have a whole other set of reasons to be emotional!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    sometimes if I'm not hungry but it's been a few hours since I eat, I have a little snack...like 10 almonds, or a fruit or something and once I start eating I actually realize that I was hungry. I try to eat small snacks in between meals every 2 or 3 hours. It helps with weight loss. I make up a snack bag and carry it with me when I'm running errands or while at work, to avoid getting hungry and eating bad foods.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Thanks all for the tips. Its just hard for me to snack (I am on the phone all day). This happened to me yesterday too. I wasnt hungry all day and if it wasnt for my empty pantry I probably would have binged. I know that not eatting isnt healthy, but i dont feel like I'm starving myself. I'll see about getting some peanut butter to have at my desk.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    When I feel emotional I eat everything in sight, so I am the opposite of you. Emotional or not, I believe it is important to keep a steady blood sugar and nourish your body. Not having regular meals could also be contributing to runaway emotions. Have a plan and try to eat something even if you are not feeling hungry. Maybe keep some nuts in your desk. The 100 calorie pack are good so you don't overeat. It might just prevent you from bingeing later. Just my opinion.