Losing for a purpose

Options
So my name is Erin I am 29 and I my initial weight loss goal is 73 pounds because it puts my BMI at 37 which is the safety zone for surgery. I am the mother of two daughters of my own and a stepdaughter. I have so many reasons why I am this weight and so many more as to why I can't lose it. All of that is mute now. Something has come up in my life that I never thought could happen and I feel such an urge to lose my weight and I think this will help. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Tp77
    Tp77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I really wish you well on your journey!!! xxx Best Wishes. xxx
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin,
    It's amazing how events in our lives affect our weight...and it becomes such a vicious cycle! I freaked out when my GYN told me to lose 40 pounds. I knew I had about 20-25 to lose, but 40?!

I hope you find the support and strenght to achieve your goal...please feel free to add me as a friend for any additional support I can lend!

Jen
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Erin! I hope you are working with a doctor to help you find the safest program for you...please know there are lots of us out here who would love to offer you emotional support. Peace!:flowerforyou:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Add for support!
  • kez_w84
    kez_w84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I decided that enough is enough I need to start losing weight and fast. Over ten years I've gone from a size 10 to an 18 (I blame by husband ha ha) I want to start a family soon and I want to be as healthy as possible so thats my motivation. xx
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Erin! I wish you the best of luck on your journey here. If I can be of any help to you along the way, just let me know!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know that once you have a purpose this all becomes easy :)
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You can do it Erin!!! If you need any help or support send me a friend request!
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    Options
    Best of luck! Just record every bite you eat and try to do exercise as many times a week as you really can and be honest and stick to it, you will get what you want! MFP really does work if you work it. You can do it. There's a ton of support here and some lovely peeps :smile:
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Record everything you put in your mouth. It helps to make yourself aware of what you are eating!! Make mini-goals to help yourself out. Don't let people "sabotage" you. My husband doesn't mean to, but he was always offering me a drink of his pop or some of his chips....I just tell him to stop the sabotage and help me drop pounds or I'll never be that 98 lb girl he married 37 years ago!
    So help yourself as much as you can. Let them know how serious you are and they will help you!
    Take care!
    Add me if you would like!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. =)
  • lsflournoy
    Options
    Good Luck!:smile:
  • MichelleKMo
    MichelleKMo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Best wishes Erin for huge success! You'll find lots of support here and feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Best of luck. You came to a very supportive and interactive community. :)
  • ansinclair8
    ansinclair8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you need any extra support feel free to add me as a friend. All of the support in this site is extremely motivating!!!