30 day shred.... advise

Options
I bought the J.M. 30 day shred. I plan on starting it tomorrow….. Any advise before I begin? I have been riding my stationary bike…. For those of you that have done this, does the DVD take the place of your other workout or did you do it in addition?

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• Little_Ms_
    Options
    Hi there,

I do the dvd in addition to what else I was doing (riding, walking, running).
    It is a challenge so stick with it!
    At the start, you'll feel it making your shoulders stronger as you've already been using your legs with your stationary bike.
    Although your calves will feel it on day 2 and 3 too!
  • jnfranks72
    Options
    If you have not been working your upper body, I would suggest not using the extra weights the first time you do the video. I know I wasn't working my upper body and the first day with the weights put a lot of strain on my shoulders. I had to work up to using the extra weights again.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I just started the shred. I just had a baby 4 months ago so I am out of shape but I felt like I got a great workout by doing the level one. I do feel like I would like to do more cardio on days I have time so I think on weekends I may continue my walking or running in addition to it. It teaches you all the moves, try it out! I am sore today from it!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Focus all on Jillains Shred you can even do level 1 and 2 or mix it up or.... do light cardio after if you feel like doing more burn but make sure your workout with Jillian will be 100% all effort...take a pic of your body too before because your going to lose a ton of inches more than probaly what the scale shows so dont be discouraged by the scale and take your measurements.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    If you have not been working your upper body, I would suggest not using the extra weights the first time you do the video. I know I wasn't working my upper body and the first day with the weights put a lot of strain on my shoulders. I had to work up to using the extra weights again.

ooooo good one! I did not use the weights and I am sore... and I have been carrying around a baby for months.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I love love love this DVD! I, too, did it in addition to my walking (i say did, fell off the wagon). I didn't do it every day, I tried to do something with more stretching in between to work out the kinks and keep me from getting bored. I progressed to the second and third videos as I started feeling like I needed a challenge. And they challenge to be sure!!

Good luck and remember to cuss at the TV when you feel like Jillian is just being mean. Helps ;)
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I personally do it every other day. Because the 30 Day Shred contains strenght training, I like to give my muscles a rest. So on the other days I eth do Tae Bo, Turbo Jam or Hip Hop Abs to get some cardio in. There are days I only do the Shred....other days I walk and do the 30DS or do a cardio DVD and the 30DS. All depends on my motivation of the day. For example, today I walked 30mins, will do 30 mins of Hip Hop Abs and later will do the 30 DS.... for a total 660 caories earned and tomorrow I shall see how I feel.

Warning, the 30 DAY SHRED is awesome and even after a few days you can feel a difference....if you haven`t worked out in awhile, there will be some pain the next day.... but keep pushing through....cause by day 5 or 6 you will be feeling great !
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Plus go slower if you cant do her pace, eventually you will be able to do it...you can also one week add heavier weights and less reps and then lighter weights and more reps the more your used to eat. I've done 30 day shred and Ripped in 30 plus all her other videos...when I first started I thought I was going to die on 30 day shred....it's now easy for me...i never ever thought i'd say that! Its totally amazing and a great way to shape and tighten your body ...cardio is great and strength is exteremly important for getting the shape youve always dreamed of!!
  • dkueter94
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! On on day 6 of level 3, and I'm not gonna lie, you will probably be sore for a couple days (it hurt to go down stairs and the process of sitting down was very painful for me for a few days!), but it is fabulous! I haven't seen a huge drop in weight (6 pounds so far) BUT I AM losing inches! I have lost a lot of my "love handles" and that is a FABULOUS thing!!! Stick with it! Jillian knows her stuff (even though I hate her as much as I love her!) :)

Good luck!