To weigh or not to weigh?

Options
Ok: last Saturday I went for a cup of tea to my parents. Had dinner planned at home, calories even calculated in advance! BUT! With the tea came fresh muffins. On first thought I was strong and stuck to my plan.. but on second thought: I caved! I was far under my calories every day for two weeks and allowed myself to have an "off day".

(this resulted in the fact that I stayed for dinner, ate some fries, even had some wine, ice cream, you name it) I know I shouldn't feel bad, have thought myself not to feel to guilty, but here comes the dilemma: tomorrow is my regular weighy inn.. do I dare? or would it be wiser to skip a week of weighing and step on the scale next week..??

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Just do it!
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Seriously skip a week!
    The scale is evil! Get back on your routine and weigh in next week!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    *now is thinking about wine*

step on the damn scale, record the weight and continue on with your day.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Weigh in as normal! You might be surprised. Sometimes a day off is good for your metabolism. The hard part is making a day off an occasional thing.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You still have to eat stuff that you like once in awhile. So, do it in moderation and weigh in. Just don't make it a habit or your scale will not be your friend any longer...
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I say skip a week and work your butt off until you weigh in next week. :)
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Weigh in! If you know everything you ate (and it sounds like you do!) the next time you have a day like that, you can estimate the *damage* done (if any). When I had a bad weekend, I still weighed in on my usual day. I had added a few pounds, but I was glad to know exactly where I stood!
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    1 day isn't so bad, especially if you have made it for 2 weeks. I go 750 - 1000 over at least once a week and am still doing ok as long as i'm under or close the other 6 days.