Long trip/ exercise

Options
I am going on a long road trip (really long!) and I want to keep on track with exercises... besides bicep curls, tricep extentions and but clenches I can't think of anything I could do to keep in shape and help with the horrible calories I am taking in.

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    bring a tube or jump rope, even if you dont have a jump rope you can pretend to jump, or you can jog in place. if you are bringing your laptop you can youtube lots of stuff on there
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Planks...ab crunches & bicycles...squats....Lunges...
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    and make sure to track what you are eating. every day doesnt have to be a binge just because youa re on vacation. you still want to lose right? so make one meal a day special and eat the rest within your counts.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Fill a gallon milk jug with sand, water, lead shot, or other material. Use that as your resistance.
    If that's not heavy enough, use a 3- to 5-gallon container.
  • SlimDownNowB450
    Options
    Walking is one of the best exercises you can do and all you need is a pair of sneakers. When you stop during your trip, park a little further away in the rest areas and walk to the restroom. Also, if you are with your hubby or friend and the sun is shinning take a quick sprint around the rest area, or play a quick game of tag.

If you will be staying in a hotel, like my family and I during the Thanksgiving Holiday, we made sure they have a gym so that we can take advantage of that or go walking in the neighborhood if your family does not have exercise equipment available.

If you belong to a gym, check to see if they have an affiliate gym where you could get a pass to work out while you are out of town. I know that Gold gym does and probably a few others do as well. You can also find a gym in the state you are traveling to to see if they offer complimentary work out sessions while you are visiting.

Enjoy your trip, have fun and be safe.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Google Quickie Chick, she has a lot of little quick exercises on her site that are great. One of my favorites is shadowboxing, just basically punch the air while you are sitting there. I totally do it when I am on the toilet, haha. Also you can sort of do seated crunches where you really just contract your abs.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Burpees, squat trusts , push ups, lunges-all kids, jump rope, running, , mountain climbers, , squats, crunches, planks, bridges, side planks, leg lifts...
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    One year when I was particularly motivated to keep losing, I got up on the last day of my trip and it was pouring. I grabbed my tape player and walked down the hall, up the stairs, up the next hall, up the next flight, etc. for 45 minutes. (Of course, this will only work if you're in a hotel.

Not a heavy drinker, but I will have a glass of wine at dinner. Every day I was gone I took the wine calories off the top.

Good luck -- come back and let us know how you did!
  • ksubbert
    ksubbert Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One year when I was particularly motivated to keep losing, I got up on the last day of my trip and it was pouring. I grabbed my tape player and walked down the hall, up the stairs, up the next hall, up the next flight, etc. for 45 minutes. (Of course, this will only work if you're in a hotel.

Not a heavy drinker, but I will have a glass of wine at dinner. Every day I was gone I took the wine calories off the top.

Good luck -- come back and let us know how you did!

You may need to explain to the younger posters what a "tape player" is. :wink: