Zumba on Wii

Options
HI

Has anyone tried Zumba on the Wii?

I am using Just dance on Wii and great as its lots of short dances and time flys by and beofre you know if you done half hour.

Just wondered if I should treat myself or ask Fr Christmas for it??

Thanks

Anna

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hadn't tried it...didnt know it existed....think I want it now!
    Sure treat yourself....if you have been nice this year!!!
  • spanna1980
    Options
    oh yes been a very good girl, I may have to rent it from Block buster to see if it kills me first!!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YES. love the Zumba on Wii! I do Zumba live too and the Wii game is just as good cept there is no interaction like in a group class setting. LOL
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have it. I have let my friends try it, and they do well. I'm still trying to learn how to move my arms and my legs at the same time.. I can't dance....
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    zumba on the wii is sooo fun
  • sarajmitch79
    Options
    I picked it up a while back, finally get to the point where I use it on a regular basis. Once I got used to it I love it, i also recently started with the EA Sports Active 2 on the Wii, highly recommend that one as well
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've got it on the Xbox.....very good fun and break a sweat
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Zumba on the Wii is a GREAT time!! It has a ton of different settings, amount of time you want to exercise, and varying levels. I really enjoy it! I'm sure you will too!! Oh, and it won't kill you, you can start with 20 mins of dance or go all out with 45 mins. Definitely rent it to see if you like it!!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes I have it and absolutely love it......and they just came out with Zumba 2 for the Wii last week, so I can't wit to get that one as well. I think its well worht it. Enjoy!!! :)
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on the Wii and personally I was very disappointed and I love zumba. I think the Just Dance games are by far more entertaining. Treat yourself to Just Dance 3 if you haven't got that one yet, or theres also a Summer Hits or something like that of the Just Dance which has all the songs that you could download from your wii but on one game.
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have it and like it. You can do single routines or 20 or 45 min classes on it
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Its great! I go to Zumba once a week at my gym and prior to having the game I was a ridiculous fool, I am still a ridiculous fool but now I have a bit better knowledge of the steps since I can do it at home too.

There are introductory tutorials, and then begginer, intermediate, expert levels as well. If you have never done zumba and you are un-coordinated like me try not doing the arms, just get the feet under control first and then start adding in the arm movements.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and love it, but I sweat a lot more when I am doing Zumba. . One thing with Zumba is it is continuous with no breaks to change songs. . .

Now they have ZUMBA 2 and I want it so bad. . . . They have a JD3 to that I would like. . My daughter loves doing both with me. . so it's all good.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    oh yes been a very good girl, I may have to rent it from Block buster to see if it kills me first!!

I just texted my mom that I want that for xmas!! ;) Thanks for the idea!
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba 2 for the Wii last week and I love it, even though I have two left feet. Lol you wear a belt and in the belt there is a pocket that you put the remote into. It will tell you how many calories you burn after each class or song. It has short classes, that last approximately 20 min. I haven't tried the longer classes yet, I'm still trying to get the moves right.
  • lorena2983
    lorena2983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on
    Kinect and I LOVE IT!!! The bad part is I dont know how many calories I burn I have been doing 20 min?
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba 2 for the Wii last week and I love it, even though I have two left feet. Lol you wear a belt and in the belt there is a pocket that you put the remote into. It will tell you how many calories you burn after each class or song. It has short classes, that last approximately 20 min. I haven't tried the longer classes yet, I'm still trying to get the moves right.

Good to know it tells you the amount of calories burned,WOW Im liking it more and more already!!! :)
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Zumba is sooo much fun. I both the first and the second Zumba for Wii and love them both. They give you a good workout. Not as good as the dvds but good enough in my book.
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    I have it. I have let my friends try it, and they do well. I'm still trying to learn how to move my arms and my legs at the same time.. I can't dance....

I have the same problem, but I never thought I was a bad dancer, or uncoordinated, until I started Zumba fitness on the wii. I love it, it's just hard to stay on track and move at the speed that the game moves - I definitely get a workout though
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    I usually put it in my diary as dancing, however there are websites you can go to to figure out your calories such as this :

http://www.zumbacalories.com/

hope this helps