Godiva?

Options
Really MFP - your letting Godiva Chocolate advertise here? How cruel!

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    yeah, and I saw an advertisement to get started on your holiday baking a little earlier! and ghirardelli also!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The ads that appear are not controlled by the site -- they are syndicated. They use cookies on your computer, that track the sites you visit, to decide what to display. Each user can see different ads.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Better Godiva than the gross "diet food" ads...
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    UGH and the pizza ads
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It makes no sense though.. I get ads for things I've never googled!

Like now, I just got a St Ives Ad. I've never googled or been to a site about St. Ives. :P

Edit:
    As soon as I posted this I got a Ghirardelli ad..
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    MMMM... I'm going to have some chocolate tonight after dinner! Funny though, the cookies on my computer give me ads for shoes and wedding dresses.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think they finally kicked the M&M guys off!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Have you ever looked at anything about skin care or face products or lotions or hand products?

I'm getting a boot ad from shoedazzle. Never heard of it. And ediets for men.
  • lowellheddings
    lowellheddings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MFP uses Google Ads which are based on a variety of factors:

1) Keywords on the page. If you're viewing a page about chocolate, you might see Godiva ads.
    2) Things you've previously Googled or other sites you been to that also use Google ads.
    3) Targeted by geographical location. For instance, you might see an ad for a local restaurant or business that others would not see.

(I work in the web site industry.)
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Have you ever looked at anything about skin care or face products or lotions or hand products?

I'm getting a boot ad from shoedazzle. Never heard of it. And ediets for men.
    Brand new computer, haven't even had it a week! So everything I would have googled about such things are on the old computer. Haha
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    It makes no sense though.. I get ads for things I've never googled!

Like now, I just got a St Ives Ad. I've never googled or been to a site about St. Ives. :P

Edit:
    As soon as I posted this I got a Ghirardelli ad..
    It is not exclusively things you've Googled. They may make assumptions based on the sites that have Googled, thinking that you may like something related. It may be random in some cases too.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Also, please keep in mind that the ads keep this site free. Embrace their presence, and ignore them if you don't like them. If you have Firefox, look into Adblock Plus.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Mine are all pretty much fitness related now. Under the ad, click on the info button (it's a lower case I sometimes says Ads by Google or Ad preferences) It'll take you to a page where you can set up your preferences.

and yes, I found it totally by accident:laugh:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I use Ad Blocker and don't see any of them.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    This is true! I went to allenbrothers steak website once. Then they were on the MFP banner for 3 weeks on my laptop!
    The ads that appear are not controlled by the site -- they are syndicated. They use cookies on your computer, that track the sites you visit, to decide what to display. Each user can see different ads.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You guys are busted, you must be looking at chocolate websites! hehe. Not that there is anything wrong with that.. just saying!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i :heart: godiva!

we have our little member cards and get one free piece a month, although we usually end up buying a little something extra. and sometimes, if we get there late, the fellow that runs it gives us the leftovers from the day - usually chocolate covered strawberries! yum.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    yeah, and I saw an advertisement to get started on your holiday baking a little earlier! and ghirardelli also!

I love ghiradelli!! and I love lindt truffles
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I love ghiradelli!! and I love lindt truffles

edit: my ad is for the treadclimber... I usually get that one or a "meet nice Jewish guys" one. and as great as nice Jewish guys sound, I'm sure my fiance doesn't want a threesome...

or instead of editing, I pressed quote. I'm too tired for you, internet.