so cold!

Options
I am literally ALWAYS cold, and I have been for months. I haven't lost much weight recently, I lost about 13 pounds over the course of June-September. I thought that my body would get used to it and I wouldn't be so cold--but as it's just gotten really cold outside here recently, I've realized just how cold I get, wearing way more clothes than everyone else. I see people outside in a t shirt and a zip up hoodie or something, whereas I have on a longsleeve shirt, a hoodie, and a fleece, and I'm still cold. The jacket that I bought last year that I thought was so warm proved to me today that it was not! Does your body every adjust to this? Or could it be as a result of something else?

Replies

• avaloneternal
    Options
    Story of my life. I have learned to drink tea/ coffee and have a hot water bottle to curl up with, or even get moving a bit to warm up. Otherwise I turn to sugar and starches because apparently your body warms up as you digest them (comfort foods in the winter= macaroni and cheese, pie, etc). Find ways to stay warm without turning to food to do the job, it will warm you up, but not in the way you want. It will add back on the pounds you have so diligently burned off.
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You should get your thyroid checked. One of the symptoms of hypothyroidism is being cold. Also, dry skin, fatigue, weigh gain or trouble losing weight, & constipation.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm the same... just because I'm so sedentary during the day I guess until I go do my phys!!!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me too! I have lost 24lbs since January I went from 138 to 114 and I am ALWAYS cold now!!! Just had my thyroid checked and it was normal!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold too but in my case it's because I take blood thinners (at least that's what the smart people tell me).
  • tammy510
    Options
    I too am cold! I have lost 75 pounds and now walk around with a sweater on at all times!!! I was never cold until I lost the weight, I am sure that is what you are going thru too.
  • idshields24
    Options
    You could possibly be anemic. Maybe increasing iron.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am always cold now... and I had my thyroid checked! (normal) I also live in Maine :huh:
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me too! I have lost 24lbs since January I went from 138 to 114 and I am ALWAYS cold now!!! Just had my thyroid checked and it was normal!

this is like the total weight loss i've had over the course of like a year as well. It's ridiculous! glad to know others are experiencing it.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup I too live in Maine so that plays a huge roll =)