Mom jeans

Options
My Daughter is 8 months old but I am still nowhere near wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans....I have the big ol' pooch belly, saddle bags, and badonk a donk, and jeans dont seem to fit right at all. I had a c-section so I dont like my jeans to sit low (also pooch hangs over like pizza dough) but when I wear higher rise jeans they cut into my belly!

Anyone know of some decent looking, comfortable, affordable jeans? I am currently a size 14...

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Gap jeans are okay and they have lots of different cuts to choose from.
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1) spanx - are totally worth the money.
    2) have you checked out old navy? tons of awesome jeans, super affordable. something for everyone.
    3) crunches rock!
  • Serasha
    Serasha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with Gap for some transitional jeans. They have ones that rise higher at the love handles and back to hide the extra! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You have to find mid rise. My favorite jeans are from JC Penney. Liz Claiborn Chelsea brand. I've owned them in every size from 6 to 14. Also Levis from Kohls can be good. And make sure you get them in the right size. I know the bigger sizes can be scary but no one sees the tag and well fitting just looks much better than trying to squeeze into things.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My Daughter is 8 months old but I am still nowhere near wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans....I have the big ol' pooch belly, saddle bags, and badonk a donk, and jeans dont seem to fit right at all. I had a c-section so I dont like my jeans to sit low (also pooch hangs over like pizza dough) but when I wear higher rise jeans they cut into my belly!

Anyone know of some decent looking, comfortable, affordable jeans? I am currently a size 14...

Ugh, every woman's headache! I have a little bit of belly fat left and I'm also short so finding jeans is always a nightmare. All I can recommend is to keep trying on different pairs. I have to try on at least 100 pair of jeans before I finally find a pair that fit right. It's a pain in the butt... but consider it exercise when you have to walk to the dressing room that many times. :)
  • maaleka
    maaleka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 kids and my last 2 back to back .. please give your body time.. I love yoga pants and the best jeans I have found have spandex in them . My yoga pants came from old navy and I love them they hold me in (the pouch your speaking of) and they don't produce fat rolls above my pant line and under my bra. Now my jeans I picked up from 2nd hand stores eveywhere. I live in Kansas City so new jeans cost to much for me. I also have a big butt and a smile.. LOL email me anytime. Hugs on your journey!
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did well with Old Navy but don't find them particularly cheap ($36). I guess it depends on what your interpretation is of cheap. Cheap to me is under $20 at Walmart. Another place you might have success, if you have one near you is VF (Vanity Fair). They have a large range of sizes and prices.
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You have to find mid rise. My favorite jeans are from JC Penney. Liz Claiborn Chelsea brand. I've owned them in every size from 6 to 14. Also Levis from Kohls can be good. And make sure you get them in the right size. I know the bigger sizes can be scary but no one sees the tag and well fitting just looks much better than trying to squeeze into things.

Oh, the bigger sizes are scary, but like you said nobody is seeing the tag but me. I had worn materinty jeans until I got these ones from Old Navy is size 14. The last time I shopped at Old Navy for jeans I was a size 6! So I started at a size 10 and moved up until I realized I was really a size 14. LONG DRESSING ROOM EXPERIENCE!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    We must abolish mom jeans. I think we need to create a 'just say no to mom jeans' group!
    Yes to Spanx, and yes to trying other jeans on, lots of styles and cuts out there!! I have wide hips, so lower cut jeans fit me better, no gap in the back that way. Try Target, they have a good selection of different fits now with numbers, (1,2,3,4, etc) and they have a sign that describes each fit. Don't be afraid, just grab a bunch and give them all a try.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    We must abolish mom jeans. I think we need to create a 'just say no to mom jeans' group!
    Yes to Spanx, and yes to trying other jeans on, lots of styles and cuts out there!! I have wide hips, so lower cut jeans fit me better, no gap in the back that way. Try Target, they have a good selection of different fits now with numbers, (1,2,3,4, etc) and they have a sign that describes each fit. Don't be afraid, just grab a bunch and give them all a try.

Okay, and let me add, that I've shopped the maternity dept at Target, and got some awesome cute jeans with elastic on the sides only and zipped up the front. No one would ever know that's what they are.
  • msallymae
    Options
    my last four pairs of jeans from old navy were 15$
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    not sure if you have them but i found levis jeans really great. they released a new curve range that are great for different shapes and very comfty
  • msallymae
    Options
    not sure if you have them but i found levis jeans really great. they released a new curve range that are great for different shapes and very comfty

i have a pair of these also! they are great. those and my old naves are my fav. both sturdy, i beat my pants up .
  • KenziesMomma11
    Options
    Fantastic ideas ladies, thanks a ton.

Keep em coming if you have them :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Donna Karan jeans will change your life.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love new York and Co jeans. They have lots of different fits and also lengths. Also, I have found nice jeans at Kohl's and even Walmart for transitional. I have three kids so i remember that transitional phase. Just keep eating well, working out, and dressing nice while you drop :)
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Also Levis from Kohls can be good.

I love the Levis from Kohls, also. And I just bought a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, yes ... no 2 at the beginning of the size ... and I like them a lot. :smile:
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Honest to goodness, check out your local Goodwill or Volunteer's of America. I've bought all my 'one size down' jeans there~ all for $2 - $3 a pop. Check out all the stores you can, til you find one you like. I've found them to have an excellent selection in every size and also every brand. From Polo, Liz, Levi's, Old Navy, Gap, you name it I've seen them there.
  • KenziesMomma11
    Options
    Honest to goodness, check out your local Goodwill or Volunteer's of America. I've bought all my 'one size down' jeans there~ all for $2 - $3 a pop. Check out all the stores you can, til you find one you like. I've found them to have an excellent selection in every size and also every brand. From Polo, Liz, Levi's, Old Navy, Gap, you name it I've seen them there.

Fantastic idea! I will have to check and see if we have one close by :)
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1) spanx - are totally worth the money.
    2) have you checked out old navy? tons of awesome jeans, super affordable. something for everyone.
    3) crunches rock!
    I agree with Old Navy! Just got a super comfy pair of jeans Saturday for 19.50 :)