Need a healthy side to bring

Options
Catnyc123
Catnyc123 Posts: 22 Member
Can anyone help me with this? Im bringing 2 side dishes for Tday to my moms-theres 17 of us. Im already making a light sweet potato casserole. I wanted to bring a veggie side as well. Anyone have recipes for a lightened creamed spinach or anything veggie related? Preferably easy lol
THANKS!!!

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    green beans. cream of celery soup/or mushroom. sliced almonds. little cheese and onions. mix together, heat up in a pot (or cook in oven).

voila.

not sure healthy, but damn easy.
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We are doing baked asparagus. Take a cookie sheet, break bottom joints off the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil (about 1.5tbsps for an entire tray), add a dash of salt and bake on 350 till done. Depending on how crispy you like it, the longer you leave it in. Very low calorie - and I plan on eating tons on T-Day!!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Saute a bag of frozen grean beans. Spray a skillet with no-stick spray and heat up. Rinse the beans in warm water. Saute the green beans for about 4-5 minutes stirring often. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste....and a dash of soy sauce.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We are doing baked asparagus. Take a cookie sheet, break bottom joints off the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil (about 1.5tbsps for an entire tray), add a dash of salt and bake on 350 till done. Depending on how crispy you like it, the longer you leave it in. Very low calorie - and I plan on eating tons on T-Day!!
    SOUNDS YUMMY!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    check out eatinwell.com They have tons of ideas for healthier side dishes including sweet potatoes and green bean casserole without the canned soup.
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm making sweet potato mashed potatoes with vegan butter (just a bit!) cinnamon and maybe some garlic... super easy/healthy and cheap.
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am gonna do a green bean dish where I saute mushrooms and an onion in a tablespoon of butter. Then after those have cooked remove them to a bowl. Melt one more tablespoon and toss the fresh green beans in it. Add a cup of chicken broth and let the green beans cook until the broth has cooked off/down.Then combine the green beans, mushrooms, and onion.

You could probably even do it without the butter, but I haven't gotten that far. (This amount of butter is far reduced from the original recipe.)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm going to steam green beans, add real bacon pieces (seriously doesn't add very many calories at all), and almond slivers.
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It is amazing - and VERY low calorie...and filling.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Nothing's better than roasted brussels sprouts! Especially with a touch of maple syrup!
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    steamed green beans + balsamic vinegar + a touch of crumbled blue cheese

spaghetti squash
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Roasted broccoli - yum! Cut up broccoli and place in large bowl with cover or ziplock bag. Add a little less than 1 tablespoon of olive oil for each head of broccoli and shake until thoroughly coated. Add garlic - crushed, powdered, fresh - whatever you like - and shake again. Place on well greased/sprayed cookie sheet or foil and bake for 25 min in a 410 degree oven. You can sprinkle on a little grated parmesan cheese at the end, if you like. It's totally yummy!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Cucumbertunasaladoderbs.jpg

Beautiful elegant Hors d'oeuvre And easy to make too!!!! Cucumbers with tuna salad or Chicken. then sprinkled with paprika and chives. I use Olive oil Mayo or Canola oil mayo they are healthier!

ITS SO YUMMY!!!

Thanks