Left arm pain

Options
Doc says it's arthritis, it hurts worse when lying down. Taking muscle relaxers, leaves me too tired to exercise some days. Hoping to lose 150 lbs, maybe it will help with pain

Replies

• RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Has he checked for heart problems? I know sometimes they show up as left arm pain.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Has he checked for heart problems? I know sometimes they show up as left arm pain.

This. Left arm pain is indicative of stroke or heart attack.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what I thought too. Both of my parents had/have heart problems and they started with left arm pain.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    yep.. is it shooting pain up and down your arm???

definitely get heart checked out first to rule out that b/c that is more serious :)

i have patients come in the ER all the time with chest pains but say it's also in their arm (the heart is on your left so yeah)!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

This. Left arm pain is indicative of stroke or heart attack.

Agree - get to a cardiologist.
  • karots
    karots Posts: 8
    Options
    I hope you mean, your heart is in the center of your chest, and goes out slightly towards the left?
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    hahahah yeah your heart isn't in your arm LOL
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Cardiac pain would probably not be worse when lying down. Do you have any nausea, shortness of breath or sweating? Is your arm tender to touch or just achy? Does anything make it worse or better?
  • beebaby1
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for your thoughts. I went to a Rheumatologist last week and he said I have a torn rotator cuff. It's not bad enough for surgery but I cannot lift weights with my left arm, I have exercises to do. Doc said it appears to be healing on it's own as long as I don't re-injure.

By the way, I lost 4 lbs on the Sugar Busters Diet the 1st week on it. Doc wants me to lose a lb a week. I told him to forget about week of Thanksgiving, for I am cooking and eating.