Next time you pick up...

Options
...a sack of sugar, Flower, pumpkin, or a sack of potatoes - think about it!

I have such a long, long journey to go. I could easily lose almost 200 lbs to be at a good healthy weight. So since I've lost 13 lbs in exactly 3 weeks it seems like hardly anything when you look at the ultimate amount that I need to lose. But then I go and pick up a sack of flour that was around 5 lbs and I was like holy cow, I had THREE of these on me just a few weeks ago! It seems so small but when you actually try carrying it around it's amazing how much of a difference there can be. Last night I was moving a pumpkin in our home and when we bought it I remember it was around 12 lbs... it was so heavy to carry! So next time you feel like those few pounds wasn't enough, pick up that sack of sugar and realize how much it really is!

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Great post! :flowerforyou:
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    I did this the other day at the store! I picked up a box of cat litter, and thought about it being kinda heavy. I glanced at the weight, and it was 25 pounds. I have lost more then two of these...really puts it into perspective!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss so far! And what a great perspective and attitude! Keep it up, and thanks for sharing this!
  • Espichick11
    Options
    i KNOW I AM LATE WITH THIS THREAD BUT THIS IS AN AWESOME POST. I WANT TO PUT IT AND PUT IT ON MY FRIDGE!! WHAT AN AWESOME EYE OPENING PERSPECTIVE. THANK YOU.