Hello, I'm Mandy!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Mandy and I am so excited to join my fitness pal! I have been overweight since I was around 11 years old. Now I'm 24 and ready to change! I was looking into weight watchers but it just wasn't convenient right now (cost plus travel..the nearest meeting was 50 minutes away!). When I first found MFP I thought it was too good to be true! It had everything I wanted from food tracking and planning, to accountability and fellowship!

Here is a little bit more about me!
- I am 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- My highest weight is 255.
- My starting weight for this journey was 235.4 (on 11/09)
- My current weight is 229 (on 11/16)
- I weigh myself on wednesday mornings.
- My husband and I just celebrated 2 wonderful years together.
- I have an 8 month old little girl named Kacey Beth.
- I love ALL things disney.
- I love Jesus.
- I live in Indiana.
- My goal weight is 155.

I can't wait to get to know you all better as we accomplish our goals one pound at a time!

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mandy! Great Intro :) Best wishes love!
  • badgirl70
    Options
    Hi Mandy. I'm Rachel and very excited too. I've been overweight since I was 6. I'm ready to look in the mirror one day and finally be satisfied.
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi! I am pretty new to MFP also (almost 2 weeks). I see so much of me in you! My family loves Disney as well and your weight history is so similar to mine!! Plus you and I are heading into the "colder" months-I live in Wisconsin.
    You can add me as a friend and hopefully you will enjoy this as much I am.
    I agree-once I found out about this it seemed too good to be true-MFP is AWESOME!
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to a great place with lots of support. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. My name is Vickie; I'm a wife and mom, and I live in Indiana, too. :smile:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mandy! All the best to you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hey Mandy-
    I am over twice your age and live 2000 miles away from you in S Florida but I wanted to let you know that this works and I am proof of it as I have been here since Feb 2011 and have lost 96 lbs! I still have 24more to go but I am thrilled with where I am right now!
    I would love to help you and follow you in your journey to a new lifestyle! (I don't believe in the "D" word) Been there done that many many times with varying results but none long lasting.

Good luck and welcome to first day in the rest of your life! Remember: FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • valh12
    valh12 Posts: 13
    Options
    hello and welcome!!!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Mandy! I'm new to myfitnesspal as well and so far I love it! I've hit a plateau for about 6 months now and need some motivation. Hopefully we can be all be a motivation and inspiration to each other! :)
  • 666john666
    Options
    HI IM JOHN! IM TRYING TO LOSE 40 LBS BY CHRISTMAS! I WEIGHT 170ISH NOW AND WANT TO BE 120/130 BY CHRISTMAS. KEEP ME INSPIRED. LOL TXT IT!