Diary Help??? Please!!

Options
So I've eaten normal all day splurged some on pizza with lots of left overs to not have to cook dinner all week until thanksgiving! But thats besides the point. I still have 232 calories to get to 1200. Is that too much of a deficate? When i try to complete diary it says that i could go into starvation mode. My BMR is 1369 so i'm not sure if I need to change my goal since i've lost to be more then 1369. I'm just confused. If I need to eat more I guess I can have a 100 cal popcorn snack and grab some fruite or veggies at the store later i'm currently all out yesterday was grocery day and i didnt go..OOPs!

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    One day of being under isn't going to suddenly send your body into starvation mode, and one day of being slightly over isn't going to make you gain a ton of weight.

If you are hungry, eat. If you aren't don't worry about it.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    LOL first thing, deficit is spelled wrong :P you used an amusing spelling.

If you only have one day of going under, you are perfectly fine.

If you can eat the popcorn/fruit, why not?
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    thank you! cuz I'm not hungry at all! Just at the sandwich haha!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @ snookums .. lol good call.

Dreamgurl.
    if you use the phone app it shows you the average for the week. You'll see it all works out over the weeks so no need to panic. Tomorrow you might go over a little, all works into the weekly average.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Jaabee11 I dont have a smart phone! No phone app for me!

snookums I can't spell to save my life LOL!
  • Mitchlou84
    Options
    I slice of pizza at 250 cals would be nowhere near enough dinner for me, I need at least 500 cals
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're measuring accurately and not underestimating. But yeah, I will end up under 1200 and not hungry a lot of days. I'm way over the weight I maintained naturally for years, so it makes sense I don't feel a need to eat if I'm over it.

I keep some high protein food like lowfat cottage cheese in the fridge and make up any protein deficits with that. And it's nice to occasionally have those extra calories available to reward yourself with a splurge food/beverage.