exercise!

Options
Okay so i'm new to the MyFitnessPal.com and I HATE to exercise!!! I love to dance but NEVER have the motivation to wake up 5 am every morning and just dance! any advice???

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You can turn your attitude about exercise around if you give it some time. Dancing first thing in the morning sounds (actually) like a fun way to start the day. Do you have any friends you can buddy with - for like walking or going to the gym? Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Do you have time to exercise? It doesn't have to be in the morning :]
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    With the right music a morning dance-a-thon sounds pretty awesome! There are a lot of dance based workouts you can do!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. There just comes a point where you need to decide if being fit is what you want, and what your willing to do to get it.

I didn't start out in the gym or pushing myself in conventional forms.

I instead chose one day that I was going to walk to college rather than bus. It was 1.5 miles. I started out doing that there, then eventually back too! After a couple weeks, I added weight training. Nothing big. Just 5 exercises and 20-30 reps.

I did that 1, 2, 3 times a week. I found that if I did more than that in addition to the walking, I overtrained. So then I would take a few days off 3-5. Do it again.

After awhile I got bored of the same old. But I felt the difference! So I instead chose to enroll in Kempo. 2 days a week at school. So now I walk there, do my Kempo and walk home. On the other days I walk to school, to the weights and come home. I never work out more than 4 days intentionally. But sometimes things come up I want to do that could be construed as exercise.

It was a rather wax on wax off danielson approach. But I don't exercise! I walk to school. I don't want to be a body builder! I just want hard arms. I don't want to learn Karate! I just want to be more active.

Get it? It's all downhill after your first few weeks.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about losing weight then you must change your perspective towards exercise.

I have tried countless times in the past to lose weight but they would always be in bursts, and last for maybe a day, maybe a week... a month even. Eventually I would always fail. And the common theme was this: I just didn't want it enough. I looked at exercise as a chore. I didn't want it enough, so I didn't achieve my goals.

This time around, I've stuck at it for 7 weeks now and have seen a dramatic change in my results. It all relates to how you percieve exercise - enjoy it! If you don't enjoy the exercise, remind yourself that you are going to enjoy the results of the exercise!

Motivation is not just a word - it's an ideal. And it is key to losing weight. You will be amazed at how much a change of perspective can help.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Just curious how 5AM is associated with Dancing? Can you enjoy dancing at another time during the day a couple of days a week?
  • cstein71
    cstein71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    for me excercizing first thing in the morning gets my day (and attitude) off to a great start. I have a family so I have learned that if I do not give myself the firt part of the day, I give myself no part of the day. You have to find the time for yourself that is best and make it a regular part of your schedule. You deserve it!