Ab wheel? Has anyone used one of these?

Options
There's a couple of things that I thought about buying through Amazon.
One is this ab wheel. 51jveaNkFHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Anyone use this thing?

I am thinking about buying this, too 31IVAkzlVYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I use this thing at the gym everyday. I just don' t know if these things are going to end up in the pile of stuff that I don't use at home. :grumble: I still spend around 2 hours at the gym.

Any thoughts? I'm really into getting a six pack. Don't know why....maybe cause I can't get my arms and thighs to slim down. I can control the ab thing....:huh:

Replies

• mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    There's a couple of things that I thought about buying through Amazon.
    One is this ab wheel. 51jveaNkFHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Anyone use this thing?

I am thinking about buying this, too 31IVAkzlVYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I use this thing at the gym everyday. I just don' t know if these things are going to end up in the pile of stuff that I don't use at home. :grumble: I still spend around 2 hours at the gym.

Any thoughts? I'm really into getting a six pack. Don't know why....maybe cause I can't get my arms and thighs to slim down. I can control the ab thing....:huh:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I used my son's disc weights from his weight bench and put the small bar in the middle and did the same thing. It was okay but hurt my back. Hard to explain what I mean (without using the thingy word:laugh: ). I do my ab work on a workout ball instead. I feel like I am getting a better workout.
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    i bought that ab wheel a million years ago and have used it all of two times. part of the problem was that my abs were so weak i just couldn't do it (so obviously it will get easier the more you do it) but i also found that it put a ton of pressure on my lower back to make up for my weak core. i already have lower back issues so i stopped using it.

i think having good form while using it is hard and that if you don't use it correctly with just your abs, you could put stress other places, like your back.

just my 2 cents
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    i bought that ab wheel a million years ago and have used it all of two times. part of the problem was that my abs were so weak i just couldn't do it (so obviously it will get easier the more you do it) but i also found that it put a ton of pressure on my lower back to make up for my weak core. i already have lower back issues so i stopped using it.

i think having good form while using it is hard and that if you don't use it correctly with just your abs, you could put stress other places, like your back.

just my 2 cents

OH THANK GOODNESS! I thought I was the only one too weak to use that stinkin' wheel. :grumble: (My husband had used it and liked it okay... but he was also able to do sit ups and crunches and all that other ab work jazz.)
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    Ab wheel...DIFFICULT
    Maybe you should check your gym for one, mine has it
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    haha i'm pretty convinced that ab wheel is not for getting abs, it's for when you already have a six pack!!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the ab wheel, but I've tried the ab slide (same concept, just looks different). OMG! I was dying. I can't do it from a regular plank, but I did it with my knees down. It was still hard. I felt it immediately at my upper abs. My son tried it and said it hurt his back. I think it's because you really need to "pull you're belly button to your back" if that makes any sense. I felt it for at least 2 days. Really hard, but I'll keep trying. I bought mine at a garage sale for $1.00 So if I never use it again I can say at least I got my $1 outta it! LOL. If it's not too expensive I say try it out.
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    haha i'm pretty convinced that ab wheel is not for getting abs, it's for when you already have a six pack!!

I think that you are probably correct here. Well, I'm going to hold off on that wheel. If I need an extra $9 for make free shipping on Amazon, I might go ahead and get it.

If I find one of those benches at a garage sale for a $1...wow, csingleton24, I will go ahead and invest.

I mean, how many of these bench crunches should one do? If I'm using at at the Y four days a week, why do I need one in my house? Mine will end up in a garage sale for a dollar. :laugh:

I don't know if the YMCA has one. I've never seen one, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I will ask...good point, thanks!

EVERYONE, Thanks for you input...:flowerforyou: Much Appreciated!