Nike + sensor

Options
My boyfriend surprised me with a present tonight! He got me a Nike + sensor and an attatchment to my shoelace for it! I though you had to buy the actual Nike + shoe. Anyways, who has the sensor and how do you like it?!

Replies

• run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it!! Make sure you calibrate it so you get the best accuracy with your distance and pace. I don't think it's 100% accurate, but pretty close. Enjoy!
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Also don't calibrate it on a treadmill - best place is a track that already has a pre-determined distance. I love using mine ... just remember it's a tool and not 100% accurate. Using the website is fun too since you can join challenges and what not.
  • joannaengel
    Options
    I used one at the beginning of my half-marathon training and even after calibrating it, I discovered it was often off by nearly a half mile (or more on longer runs). I invested in a Garmin watch. If you're just using it to get a general idea of how far you are running each time then go for it!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about a shoe lace attachment? I have the shoe, sensor and watch. It's pretty cool. I want the polar heart rate monitor to complete the set. I'm hoping to get better at running some day but am currently out of time for that. It's nice to see how many miles you walk/run and you sync it with their website and it shows you charts to monitor your progress.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You don't need the shoe, I have the clip that attaches to your lace. The clip is about 10$. Works great, my friend has the watch, which doesn't show time/laps so she wears two watches.
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    I have one, and like it for the most part. Mine is almost always off, and I have to adjust it almost every time I run. I can run the same exact route, and it can be off anywhere from a tenth of a mile, to half a mile. I DO love that it tells you how far you have gone, and does a countdown when you are nearing you finish. I have a pair of Nike shoes, and a little pouch for my Asics. It's a great tool.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I am looking at speed/pace/distance trackers right now and have been considering the Nike + ...would love to hear some more opinions on it ;)
  • bluangelz
    bluangelz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hve one and I absolutley love it! I do not have the shoe. I have a key holder that clips on my laces. I bought the actual chip holder that clips on the laces and for some reason stopped working so went back to the key holder. I love that I am able to track how many miles I run with the Nike site. I love the Nike site too! We are training for our first half marathon and this really helps me to keep on track.:happy:
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I am looking at speed/pace/distance trackers right now and have been considering the Nike + ...would love to hear some more opinions on it ;)

Check out some of the Garmins also. I have a FR60 and it came with the footpod with the clip for shoe laces, heart rate monitor and has the option for bike cadence. Also can be uplinked to Garmin Connect to keep track of all of your work outs. Will do Running, General workouts and biking. I paid around $115.00 for it.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

They aren't very accurate. I got it when I started running. It was off by a lot for distance, pace & cals. Said I was running a 9:30 mile, I wasn't anywhere EVEN close to that. I'm not even running a 9:30 now, 1 1/2 years later.

I love my Garmin though.....
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend surprised me with a present tonight! He got me a Nike + sensor and an attatchment to my shoelace for it! I though you had to buy the actual Nike + shoe. Anyways, who has the sensor and how do you like it?!

I will say that this was a very nice thing for him to do! Very supportive!
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I have been using it for about 2 years, have fun, its a great way to track your progress.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I agree with other posters, it is a great tool but sometimes not very accurate. I have an Ironman GPS running watch that I love and is much more accurate.