Cellulite & diet drinks???

Options
I recently heard someone say that diet drinks can cause cellulite?
Please tell me this is a Myth....

Replies

• melodyshae
    Options
    I heard the same thing about coffee. I'm assuming its the caffeine in soft drinks?
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    everything causes cellulite, diet drinks are just straight bad for you.. cut that stuff out asap.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    everything causes cellulite, diet drinks are just straight bad for you.. cut that stuff out asap.

This again xD
    Diet soda is not good for you of course, but is nothing to avoid like it is the plague.

Certainly a myth OP lol
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Fat causes cellulite. Period.
  • itsshadowwithane
    itsshadowwithane Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    diet drinks/things with fake sugar turn into fermeldahide inside your body..maybe thats why
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just fat that is "poking" through subdermal tissue (eeww!). The only way I can think of that diet drinks would cause this is if they weakened the connective tissues letting it poke through more (of which I have never heard, nor seen evidence).

As far as caffeine - it is an ingredient in a lot of the cellulite creams. No you don't eat them but it is absorbed in the skin. So I doubt it causes cellulite, too.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Well, I drink Diet Mountain Dew like there is no tomorrow, and I have never noticed a correlation between the two. I get cellulite when I let my butt get flabby.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I drink coke zero & I don't have cellulite.

Hope that helps.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

hahaha aren't you happy you're not a woman!
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    diet drinks/things with fake sugar turn into fermeldahide inside your body..maybe thats why

The amount of formaldehyde is comparable to fruit juice...so I hope you've also cut out that as well. It's not even the formaldehyde that's the issue, since your body already produces several times the amount anyway. It's the fact that it's turned in to formic acid, and THAT, is what actually sparked the research. You'd have to consume over 3 gallons in a short period of time in order to be in danger. Kind of like the potassium in bananas...but I'm sure there are people here who are deathly afraid of them too.

Moderation...it's all about it. One or two a day, no problem. Chug a case? May want to start cutting back.
  • natalie1872
    Options
    Thanks for all the opinions.
    I think I will continue to enjoy my Pepsi max and coke zero in moderation.
    I have looked at the research on Aspartame and Im not too worried.
    Cheers Nat
  • lcw0071
    lcw0071 Posts: 2
    Options

Hope that helps.

You're not a woman, silly.....