NSV

Options
auntiebabs
auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
I haven't been a size 6 since I was 6 years old and then I was a 6X

Yes, yes, I know vanity, sizing... I'm sure it's true.
(after all when I weighed 125 in H.S. I wore a size 13/14 and 30+ years later I was 175+ lbs and wore a... size 13/14 )

Still I was thrilled when I got into a size 8 because I've NEVER been a single digit size in my adult life.
So, Now that I'm trying to maintain I decided I needed a second pair of jeans in my new size.

I popped into Marshall's before I went food shopping tonight.
Didn't see anything I loved so a grabbed a few styles and accidentally grabbed a 6 in with the 8s.... And the six fit!

I didn't love that style so, at the risk torturing myself, I went back out and brought back all 6s and they all fit!!!!!!!!

Oh boy, nothing like a surprise NSV to make your day.

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Vanity sizing or not, still very exciting. I can't wait to drop the X from my size!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! congrats!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    fantastic for you! you should be so proud! keep it up!
  • ashheartshawaii
    ashheartshawaii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job.
  • FitMoam
    FitMoam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a noob, but what is NSV? I tried to google it and came up with No Scalpel Vasectomy and Nuclear Service
    Vessel, but I bet those aren't it...

Is it New Size Va-voom?
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! I think I would cry right there in the dressing room if I fit into a single digit at all, never mind a 6!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a noob, but what is NSV? I tried to google it and came up with No Scalpel Vasectomy and Nuclear Service
    Vessel, but I bet those aren't it...

Is it New Size Va-voom?

Non-Scale Victory...

Like when you are capable of doing something you couldn't do before,
    or changes in your body because you're more fit.

I think my biggest one was when I had a hard time passing up a sale in the plus size department, because I was no longer plus size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!