Looking for opinions on my photos

Options
Tmbrooks75
Tmbrooks75 Posts: 182 Member
Very new photographer here. Check out my pics. Offer up suggestions. I only have a point and shoot so the quality isnt quite there yet. Feel free to like the page too, that would be great.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TMB-Photography/135451273223080

Replies

• luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    They look beautiful!! Great job.
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    thank you. would you mind liking it as well? I am trying to get to my first goal of 30 likes. That would be awesome!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love the profile picture I would buy a picture like that. The other photos are good as well :smile:
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    I am just about to change up the profile picture just a little bit. see if you can spot the difference. :)
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    Got one lady giving me some great advice. Would you like to take a peek and see if you can impart your wisdom on me?
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    First of all you mentioned that you just had a point and shoot, I have seen some great photos from a point and shoot camera. Having a more expensive camera doesn't make you a better photographer after all you could buy me the most expensive paint brush and I still cannot paint.

I understand you are tying to do the artsy aspect of photographer this is a grey area because what seperated a photo of a leaf from being interesting and detailed from just a photo of a leaf.

With experience you will get better and should not be afraid to experient with your camera please don't leave it on auto mode set it to manuel and play with the settings. If you are photographing moving water you are not going to get much more than a snap shot unless you set your camera up on a tripod and do a time exposure.

This is friend of mines website you may get some ideas from it: www.innermostimagery.com

This facebook page is a guy I know that does excellent outdoor photography and I highly suggest you look at his photos:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1577951263&ref=tn_tnmn#!/chucksutherlandphotography

good luck, everyone has to start somewhere
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    thank you so much. I appreciate your words too. thank you
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep shooting.
    I started out shooting nature too. My favorite are mushrooms, I love shooting them. Sometimes, it's the hunt to find them.

Nature is still my favorite but, Mother Nature doesn't buy many pictures of her kids. lol...

Good Luck to you!
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    I am guessing with the winter months that the opportunities to shoot nature arent going to be as good
  • CaraBeara1
    Options
    Wow, you did that with a point and shoot?! I think they are great. I really love the profile pic. And the one with the horse with his head turned. Nice! :smile:
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love the pics (and liked your page)! My daughter is just starting out, too. It's amazing what you can capture, even with a point and shoot, and even in the winter. I really like the imperfections in the shots. Some photographers would remove a withering cherry, or brown leaf. You've left those aspects in, and it makes the shots even better! Keep it up!
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    Added a couple more pics today. Trying out my more artistic side. :)