i read the prereq sticky posts about eating your exercise ca

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
... calories and I understand that, but I have a probable very stupid question about the calories themselves."

(and possibly the longest subject line ever)

Before I went to work out, I had ~350 calories available for dinner. Would have been more but that chocolate covered granola bar from hell took over my will power for evil. But that's besides the point.

Now, after working out, I'm ready for a late dinner. And I've got 770 calories to get down my gullet.

So, my question is .... do the TYPES of calories matter? My brain is screaming YES! OF COURSE THEY MATTER DUMBASS!! But then I have that little smidgen of doubt (or maybe hope) that says, eat a reasonable dinner and follow it up with two wonderful chocolate covered peanut butter cups and we'll make that 770 calories dead on.

Please, I need someone to tell me that little piece of doubt is whispering lies to me and I need to figure out 770 of so called "nutritious" calories to eat. Confirm to me I have not found a loophole for candy bars.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Well.... foods full of nutrition are always going to be a better choice.
    But, in my opinion, if everything else has been healthy, then there is room for a little bit of chocolate. Make it one peanut butter cup and you'll be OK!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The dietician told me that a calorie is a calorie. Obviously, some calories are better than others but as long as you stay within your MFP guidelines, you will still lose weight.
  • mbaker81
    Options
    you earned the peanut butter cups eat them... but FYI the types matter for weight loss. I went on an all raw food diet (fruits, veggies, seeds and nuts and raw almond butter) I ate EVERYTHING I wanted, and it added up to 2500 calories a day at least and I lost like 2 lbs a day for over a week.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in the candy bar loophole. If I have the extra calories and need a treat ... I go there.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have treats almost every day.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Have a treat! It's totally up to you

However I usually leave 100-150 calories wiggle room as I don't have a HRM and know that calculators/MFP and the machines show I've burned more calories than I really have.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Dove chocolate pieces were created for this loophole. While yes nutrient rich is important, if you have your daily vitamins and whatever met, have a treat. Depriving yourself will only make you want to quit.