Calorie intake Lower or Higher

Right now, my calorie intake is at 1,240 but lately ive been being careless and going over.. i needed some help deciding whether or not to raise it or suck it up & stick to it! & if raise to how much do you think? :happy:

note:
CW: 220lbs
height: 5'6
Activity: Lightly active

Replies

• B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Both it confuses the body, do some research on zig zagging cal intake. It works:)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Without your current weight, height and activity level... I have no idea!
    Generally though, try it and see how your body responds, no one else is going to know.
  • I did 1300 kcals for the first two months or so and killed my metabolism. Are you feeling tired? not seeing much weight loss? raise 'em to 1500 or even 1800 and see how much better you feel! be patient and do it permanently and healthy!
  • My calorie goal is 1200 a day but I consume a net amount of 500
  • Pebble321
    OK, now we've got some numbers...
    That means your BMR is going to be around 1800, if you multiply by 1.375 for your activity..... maintenance cals about 2400.
    That means you can eat 1900 cals/day and still lose about a pound a week (theoretically!). Even if you don't want to increase to this, I would definitely take it a bit higher than 1240 - maybe try 1500 and see how your body responds.

Personally I don't think there is any point dropping cals so low that you get hungry, that's just not going to be sustainable. Better to eat a little more, lose a bit more slowly but be able to keep it up. That's what worked for me!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 549 Member
    I recently raised mine to 1500 because my net kept being around 900 because I was afraid to go over calories. Now my net is closer to 1200. Don't know if it is a good thing or not yet, I'm all about trying new things to see what works best!
  • Pebble321
    My calorie goal is 1200 a day but I consume a net amount of 500

In my humble opinion... that's a risky strategy that probably isn't going to be very sustainable. Don't forget that your body needs around 1400 or so calories (that's my number, yours will be different) just to survive each day. That's before you walk around, talk, work or exercise.
    I also think that for most people it just isn't necessary to drop so low in order to lose weight. It is of course, your choice, but please do some reading or get some advice and make sure you are being safe.
  • Right now, my calorie intake is at 1,240 but lately ive been being careless and going over.. i needed some help deciding whether or not to raise it or suck it up & stick to it! & if raise to how much do you think? :happy:

note:
    CW: 220lbs
    height: 5'6
    Activity: Lightly active

if i am reading this correctly, you have your intake set at 1240, but you "go over" because you are "careless". and then you are trying to decide whether or not to alter that figure? is your goal to lose weight or maintain? and if you raise you intake, might you then be careless with that goal and go over? is your question about motivation or actual nutritional needs? there isn't really enough information here to talk about either one.
  • 2sexy2bunhealthy
    2sexy2bunhealthy Posts: 33 Member
    1. whats with the " ____ " 2. it is for actual nutritional needs 3. i dont even want an answer from you sorry!
  • 2sexy2bunhealthy
    2sexy2bunhealthy Posts: 33 Member
    1. whats with the " ____ " 2. it is for actual nutritional needs 3. i dont even want an answer from you sorry!