I have almost completely given up hope.

Options
2»

Replies

• jcarter0525
    Options
    I do ask God to help me everyday which is why I haven't COMPLETELY given up yet. Thanks for the advice!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    There's no willpower out there to find. We generate our own will power. Nobody is inherently stronger than anyone else, it's just in the confidence we have as people. You do have the strength to succeed, you just need to generate that willpower.

This isn't to say that it's easy, it's not, but you have the ability to do it. HOW you do it is up to you, some people focus on goals, some use spirituality, some use obvious things like vanity and self worth, and some tell themselves its for their kids, but ultimately you need to find out about yourself, and what makes you able to do what you have to do to succeed. Once you find that out about you, you can set your mind to any task, and overcome almost any obsticle to get there.

Take a long look at yourself, figure out what makes you tick, and USE it. Trust me, it's an awakening all in itself!
  • ldwa
    ldwa Posts: 20
    Options
    sounds to me like you're in the middle of the "it sucks". I can sooo relate. I tried to start eating better about 6 months ago and I just couldn't make the math work- my kids+stress+eating right-- it really was too much right then.

don't be afraid if you need to take a hiatus. it doesn't mean you're giving up- it means you're putting the progress on pause for a little bit. try not to get too "off the wagon" on your break, but say, for a week (my week stretched into 6 months and brought another 15lbs with it :embarassed: but I'm back :wink: )- you let yourself just be- have a nice meal out- don't count the calories, get in some bubble baths- and then, when the week is up- take a deep breath and dive in again.

the most important thing you can do for your family is to take care of yourself and if "dieting" is just another stress added to that mountain you've already got, then give yourself a break.

I'm probably going to be poo-pooed for this but I think as moms we have to be practical- especially when our kids are so young (my duet just turned 1yr and I have a 4yr old).

and as for the exercise-- check off one thing at a time, you know? it's all about accomplishing things in little bits, building up to it. just focus on getting in some healthy meals and drinking enough water- getting rest (:laugh: so much easier said than done) and in another few months when you've got the healthy eating down- add another piece of the puzzle.

you are soooo not alone. hang in there. it won't always suck.

sending a big hug.:flowerforyou:

Lynn

193020.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Believe me, I know how frustrating it is. I have been on this site and working hard since January and I have only lost 5 lbs. I've been eating 1200 calories + exercise calories and working out for an hour 5-7 days a week. And I told myself no matter what, I was not quitting this time. I have cried and been extremely angry and disappointed over the lack of results, but have not given up. Today I got the results from my dr and I have to go on thyroid medication. I know that that won't produce a miracle, but I'm hoping it helps my progress. Just keep plugging away. And think of the Non Scales results. Like your health improving and getting stronger, etc.
    [/quote]

^^^^^THE ABOVE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A QUOTE, from Nlongenecker even though it isn't blue*****
    I looked at your profile before commenting to eliminate one possibility, that you had so little to lose it was going to take a long time, but from what you put in your profile, it looks like you were trying to lose about 40 lbs.

While thyroid issues can certainly have an effect on your success, I have another suggestion.--calorie zig-zag-- which is where you eat more calories on certain days than others. That is the simplistic explanation. Do an internet search and you will find lots of info. The purpose of it is to fool your body so that you metabolism doesn't slow down and result in you maintaining weight on a limited caloric intake instead of losing. If your body isn't sure how much fuel it is getting on any given day, it won't slow your metabolic rate to starvation mode, which results in slow or no weight loss.

I am not an expert, but in the past 12 days, I discovered t seems to work. I didn't lose an ounce in the 1st week I was following a reduced calorie program and walking every day. Then I had a relative high calorie day because of a dinner I had to attend, and voila, 3 days later I am down 3 lbs. just like that.

It certainly can't hurt to try it. Good luck, and don't give up on yourself. When it comes to a lifelong battle with weight, "YOU," ultimately, are the BEST friend "YOU" have.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Believe me, I know how frustrating it is. I have been on this site and working hard since January and I have only lost 5 lbs. I've been eating 1200 calories + exercise calories and working out for an hour 5-7 days a week. And I told myself no matter what, I was not quitting this time. I have cried and been extremely angry and disappointed over the lack of results, but have not given up. Today I got the results from my dr and I have to go on thyroid medication. I know that that won't produce a miracle, but I'm hoping it helps my progress. Just keep plugging away. And think of the Non Scales results. Like your health improving and getting stronger, etc.
    [/quote]

^^^^^THE ABOVE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A QUOTE, from Nlongenecker even though it isn't blue*****
    I looked at your profile before commenting to eliminate one possibility, that you had so little to lose it was going to take a long time, but from what you put in your profile, it looks like you were trying to lose about 40 lbs.

While thyroid issues can certainly have an effect on your success, I have another suggestion.--calorie zig-zag-- which is where you eat more calories on certain days than others. That is the simplistic explanation. Do an internet search and you will find lots of info. The purpose of it is to fool your body so that you metabolism doesn't slow down and result in you maintaining weight on a limited caloric intake instead of losing. If your body isn't sure how much fuel it is getting on any given day, it won't slow your metabolic rate to starvation mode, which results in slow or no weight loss.

I am not an expert, but in the past 12 days, I discovered t seems to work. I didn't lose an ounce in the 1st week I was following a reduced calorie program and walking every day. Then I had a relative high calorie day because of a dinner I had to attend, and voila, 3 days later I am down 3 lbs. just like that.

It certainly can't hurt to try it. Good luck, and don't give up on yourself. When it comes to a lifelong battle with weight, "YOU," ultimately, are the BEST friend "YOU" have.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. I did get a call from the dr that my thyroid is off. I started medicine yesterday. But I might try the zig zag thing. I've heard others talk about it.