Muscle stimulation = weight loss??

Options
hi guys, i've been contemplating if I should try one of those things that they show on TV shopping networks --- e.g. gym form duo , they claim that it contracts your muscles like the abdomen and buns so it makes it work well-defined ;p I've already lost more than 3 inches on my waist through cardio training but somehow i feel it needs more umph! hehe

Replies

• TitanianEternal
    Options
    its a scam and waist of money, its true they can have a minimal effect, but nothing really in the way of gaining muscle or using enough muscle to increase fat burn a noticable amount, if ya want more umph put the umph on the treamill(or cardio machine of your choice)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I heard if you put it on your head, it will make you smarter.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    If you really want to add more umph then you need to add in some heavy weight training it will help add muscle and improve overall body composition and best of all the more muscle you have the more cals you burn while resting so it is a good overall addition to any fat loss program especially if you want to make it permanent. Cardio is great for temporary burns, weight training will prolong that effect and make it last longer.
  • LalLewis
    Options
    I know a friend who uses one as part of his martial arts training, but he uses it for two hours, twice a day. I think it works, but only if you use it constantly and it would define abs if you already show them!!. Bit of a waste of money when you can do ab crunches with the same effect. Just needs application.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Tell you what ... I can do what they say they can accomplish for half the amount. Send me your money. Here's my program:

Keep doing what you're doing. You've lost 3 inches via cardio. Add some strength training. That's the big secret - cardio and strength training over an extended period of time while maintaining a calorie deficit.

I take cash. :smile:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The physical fact is that the amount of electricity necessary to achieve the strength of muscle contraction that would actually result in benefits would kill you.

But--you'd have the best looking abs in the funeral home.