Running

Options
Is Running a good enough exercise to lose 63lb
and maybe do 30day shred on the days im not running

Replies

• sazzlewilson
    Options
    Running is a great way to go, all that cardio - but my opinion is that you need to do some resistance/strength training too for toning etc. Good luck!
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Running is a great way to go, all that cardio - but my opinion is that you need to do some resistance/strength training too for toning etc. Good luck!

Yep, even runners cross train and lift.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    You bet! By far the best 'bang for your buck' exercise for me. I love it! Do incorporate some strength training too...helps with the weight loss/toning and helps keep you injury free while running.
  • aNEWmarcus
    Options
    Running is very good for losing weight, but I'd also throw in some strength/weights training - helps to burn a bit more and tone as well.. Low weight, high reps with little rest between and alternating is a good cardio / strength session as well..

Good luck...
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm a "runner" and yes it's excellent...burns calories very quickly, good all over workout too... but yes cross-training essential to avoid injuries caused by overuse/impact/repetitive motion and to help support running goals... so I see resistance training, and cross training essential. I use the Bike, circuit train and elliptical as well as using kettle bells, free weights and resistance machines.
  • jo7654321
    jo7654321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Yoga or Pilates for stretch & strength training with running:happy:
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes..Yes...Yes... I love to run and walk...I go for atleast an hour every day! But i agree with the others you also need some weight training to go along with it! That I really don't get enough of...But I plan to start doing more...and I also have 30day shred...It is awesome! That is all the weight training you really need...Jillian will kick your butt! lol:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yes! I started running at the beggining of the year and ran a half marathon in October!

Amazing for your fitness and definately toned up my legs!

Running has been my main exercise since joining in April and I have lost 46 lbs.
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Becca, absolutely throw in some yoga and strength exercising. I do two sessions of Jillian Michaels 30DS on my off days, Levels ii & III. I also have her Yoga workout. Sometimes, I will go run for about 15 minutes then do the DVDs.

If I were a member of a gym, I would certainly hit the weight machines. Good luck to you.