Haven't lost weight in 2 weeks?

Options
Hi guys. I've noticed my weight has been stuck at exactly the same number for the past two weeks (with the odd fluctuation and going back down to that number again).

I have been eating really well, never going over my calorie intake, lots of things high in protein, plenty of veggies/fruit, completely cut down on sugar and salt, not going over with my carbs, etc. so I'm surprised that my weight hasn't changed!
Also I've been working out at the gym and it was going really well for me (as you can tell, I lost 6 kilos or 14 pounds in about a month) but now nothing's helping and I've been working out even harder than usual.

It's currently my exam period where I've been studying heaps, and also I've just had my TOTM so could this all be from my stress levels and water retention?

I'm thinking about going to the pool instead of the gym for a while as it's warming up for Summer - would that possibly attempt to make me lose more weight?

Replies

• TiraDawn
    Options
    Are you gaining muscle mass? Start measuring your body. You may be losing inches without losing weight, especially if you aren't used to going to the gym as much as you are. Switching up your routine will help you in the long run too, tricking your muscles into a new routine helps burn calories too.

I had the EXACT thing happen to me the past two weeks, and when I looked at my activity level at work, I had to change it in my goals from lightly active to mostly sedentary because we have been crazy slower than usual...hopefully that works for me!

Good luck!
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you gaining muscle mass? Start measuring your body. You may be losing inches without losing weight, especially if you aren't used to going to the gym as much as you are. Switching up your routine will help you in the long run too, tricking your muscles into a new routine helps burn calories too.

I had the EXACT thing happen to me the past two weeks, and when I looked at my activity level at work, I had to change it in my goals from lightly active to mostly sedentary because we have been crazy slower than usual...hopefully that works for me!

Good luck!

I've noticed I have dropped a centimetre or two, so I guess you might be right. I guess I'll wait and see if I lose any more. :)
    So I guess I will switch my routine starting this week, especially cos knowing me I'll probably get sick of the gym soon but then probably want to go back a couple of months later. :)
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ack, don't worry about it! Just keep doing what you are doing, stick with it, it will come off eventually. You will take a look back in a few months and see you did all that worrying for nothing. I just was feeling the same way last night, looked at my past weights and realized, hey I am down 10 pounds from August!!!
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ack, don't worry about it! Just keep doing what you are doing, stick with it, it will come off eventually. You will take a look back in a few months and see you did all that worrying for nothing. I just was feeling the same way last night, looked at my past weights and realized, hey I am down 10 pounds from August!!!

Thanks. :) You're very right. Looking back upon since I've started and I'm already impressed how much I've lost, I shouldn't be worrying about this.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It happens. I go two weeks without a loss and then drop 2 lbs in a day.