Help!! Advice needed before sunday!!

Options
Ok so here i what i need help on!

My mum and dad are taking me out to toby carvery on sunday, now fair enough it is a nice thought from them and i am very grateful for it

BUT

What can i have to eat there that aint full off calories and wont bloat me out?

Please guys i need all your help on this as i am weak if it comes to think on the day so advance planing is need!!!

thank you in advance

ps add me

Replies

• wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    carverys aren't too bad really, have lots of veg and most of toby carvery nutitional values are available to look up here on the database or check their website see if its there so you can plan before you go

Enjoy x
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Never been to that restaurant before but will suggest that you stick to the fresh veggies and lean protein...lots of fresh veggies will fill you up. request on the way!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Wendy do a little research on the menu. Look up the restaurant/carvery on the web and check on the menu, make wise choices in advance and enjoy. One meal is not going to blow what you have accomplished so far and it will be good to go out and have a wonderful meal with your parents. Pre-plan and stick with it. Work your weight loss plan so it works for you. Depriving yourself of the good things will only break you down.

Please come back and let us know what you did to enjoy yourself, your meal and your parent's company.
  • rachey2012
    Options
    one thing to think about if you are trying to make the meal as healthy as possible... ask for boiled potatoes rather than roasted and also you can also ask for the veg not to be covered in butter etc.... most places these days are more than happy to adapt where needed... have a lovely time ,,,
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/pdf/tobycarvery-carvery-daytime.pdf

choose in advance

I'd stay clear of the yorkshire pudding, probably go for turkey and lots of steamed veggies( not so much lots of potatoes) but not drowning everything in gravy !

Enjoy!

PS, maybe plan some exercise for the day, I do that when I plan a heavy'ish meal
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love Toby Carvery. You bssically can have roast chicken and tons of veggies. That will surely will fill you up.

Enjoy!
  • fionamac77
    fionamac77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You could order one of the other options that aren't actually on the carvery - but I feel like I'm being deprived! I usually go for the turkey (leanest of the meats), a smidgen of cranberry sauce,lots of veggies as wendyannie1976 mentioned above, and a couple of roasties. Don't forget the drinks add up too - so go for a glass of squash or a small glass of red (for extra antioxidants!! - that's my excuse anyway).

Main thing is...just enjoy time with family and enjoy your treat. You are not on a diet, you are making a lifestyle change and part of that is being happy!! If you do overindulge, don't worry just add an extra exercise session that night on the next day and move on!

xx
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree with melainemelaine - stay away from the yorkshires (they're not that great anyway) and chose turkey and plenty of veg. Most of the nutritional info is on here anyway so plan what you will be having before you go. As long as you don't go for starters or dessert you should be fine so enjoy :happy:
  • Wendy20111987
    Options
    thanks for the advice gonna go on the website in a bit to have a look
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    do some exercise before you go... and just have a bit of everyhting you fancy.

I've been to Toby Carvery quite a few times and it didn't derail my weightloss
  • kenyabloodstone
    Options
    One day isn't going to destroy you no matter what you eat. If you over indulge then just get back on track the next day. In fact I've found for me anyway that if I start to plateau and I eat a larger than normal meal (not crazy huge just a little more than usual) I tend to start losing again quickly. So enjoy yourself and don't over think this or it won't be a special treat anymore it will be a chore and just frustrate you. When you are there make wise choices but if you want to indulge in something a little bad for you just do a little bit but don't deny yourself or it won't end well. Good luck :D