Looking for friends - wanted to say hello!!

Options
I just wanted to introduce myself on here, I just started last week really actually logging my food...I joined a long time before that.

I'm 27 years old, living in Richmond, VA and just looking for friends with similar goals or those who also need the motivation :)

I am set for 1200 calories a day and I like to run when I can (though I am slow!!) I am hoping to lose 25 -30 lbs as well :)

~Shannon

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you stick to your goals you will lose. Welcome and good luck.
  • Paraflier17
    Options
    Hi Shannon -

I just joined this week. I figure the more people that get together.... We can all motivate each other to get on it!

I'm 33 in WA state... My wife has been on MFP for months now and has lost almost 30 lbs. So I may be a little late to this party, but am hoping to catch up. :)

Kris
  • pdjohnson40
    pdjohnson40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Shannon - Welcome to MFP - I just started here also, and I love it! My friend and I are having a great time with this and seeing results! I hope you continue. And if you like - you may add me on as a friend....the more the merrier!!! We can all make it together!

Pam
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    Ive been here a few weeks but its fab!! I love it . Never counted cals before, have counted points and had the old red n green days, etc, but its always come off and back on again. No more, I say!!! MFP is the way forward x
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This is the place for friends with similar goals and support. you can add me as a friend
  • tripdeez
    Options
    Hi Shannon! My name is Nakia and I just started as well. I think two weeks now... I'm 27 and I live in VA and I'm trying to lose 64more lbs. Good luck!
  • shanc84
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!
  • strwbryblond75
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck on your journey! The support here is wonderful! :)
  • maire222
    maire222 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just joined this week as well !! hoping to lose about 20lbs!! best of luck hopefully with some motivation i can do it !!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here I hope you have a great day
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    Hi! I've been here for about a month and I've found it really helps, everyone has the same goal so the support is amazing :-) happy for you to add as a friend alhough my goal is to lose 100lbs x
  • caitmarie18
    Options
    Hi! I'm also new to all of this, but already finding so much support and encouragement! I was also given 1200 calories a day, how are you doing with it? It would be great to keep each other motivated as we get create with our calorie allotment! I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs! Caitlin
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Im looking for friends as well.
  • Taches3
    Taches3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pam... living in MI where Winter weight is a given... I'm hoping to defy that this year!
    I love that this site is available on my phone and goes with me everywhere!
  • LauraQuezada
    LauraQuezada Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi im Laura from Texas. Ive been logging my food in for about 2 weeks. I recently started working out with 10 min trainer but very modified. I did not konw it was going to be this hard to loose weight after giving birth. I have a long way to reach my goal, and to actually do my workouts without any modification. I figured by doing at least the modification version of the workout ill slowly get there.

Its just hard cause i like to see my results as fast as possible and losing weight takes tooo long of a time for my eyes....

good luck to everyone and keep up the good work for those who have already started shedding pounds.
  • Taches3
    Taches3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Luck.... it's going to be worth it tho!