Why?

Options
The last couple days I've been eating enough fiber and working out ( go look at my diary) But I can't seem to shake this bloating feeling. I also can't really go to the washroom #2. Last night i had to take something to go and i felt way better. When I woke up my waist went up to 36" the past week it has been 33-34". My period is also next week or so . is this just water weight? or something else?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough water and fat?
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    If you've eaten a lot of fibers, it could also be... gas.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK, looked at your diary. Are you getting ready to start your period? There are a lot of things that can contribute to your issue.
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    Yep 1.5-2L and fat? i guess
  • conniie
    Options
    so I guess i wait till it's over ? to see any difference
  • conniie
    Options
    Should i only get 20 grams the next couple of days?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would just wait it out. Also try Googling foods that bloat you. I don't remember which month, but Oxygen magazine had a great article about foods that bloat you, and they're healthy foods, but they still cause bloat. I remember sweet potatoes was one and chewing gum too!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    looked back in your diary a few days , where is the fruit and veg?????
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My period is also next week or so . is this just water weight? or something else?

This may be a contributing factor to the bloat, I always find I bloat terribly a week before and the first couple days and then things go back to being OK.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    My period is also next week or so . is this just water weight? or something else?

This may be a contributing factor to the bloat, I always find I bloat terribly a week before and the first couple days and then things go back to being OK.

I looked at your diary. You are too much under your calorie goal on most days. Going over on your fats a lot. And there's not a lot of fresh fruits or veggies going on. I would add some more fresh whole food to your diet, protein, yogurt, fruits veggies, eggs and see if that works. Best of luck!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    looked back in your diary a few days , where is the fruit and veg?????

That was my thought too. Whole grains are great and you get plenty of those, but vegetables and fruit will also help a lot with this problem. You might also want to consider taking probiotics.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    The last couple days I've been eating enough fiber and working out ( go look at my diary) But I can't seem to shake this bloating feeling. I also can't really go to the washroom #2. Last night i had to take something to go and i felt way better. When I woke up my waist went up to 36" the past week it has been 33-34". My period is also next week or so . is this just water weight? or something else?
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Your sodium is high. I am not a doctor but maybe that;s it,
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    if you're body isn't used to all that fiber it will react with bloating and gas. I had the hardest time with bloating/gas when I introduced my body to lots of fiber. It will go down within a few weeks. Also if it's that time of the month that will happen as well.