trying an extreme 'diet' come march 2012

Options
to honest I can't wait the crap i'm eating is killing me! tried this for 6 months loved (and hated it in equal measure) shall be cutting all sugary crap, alcohol, crisps, chocolate, chips and unhealthy fried foods and that, plus i'm a veggy to boot so it's gonna be hard to me, but I managed it last time. As for calorie restriction I won't have any so I don't know if that classes as a proper 'diet'

Replies

• iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Why wait to cut the *kitten* out of your diet? That's just another 4 months of gaining weight....
  • carlosdon
    Options
    just for a year I wanna try it. will just have to find some nice fruit alternatives and eat more cereal. I actually lost weight last time. moderation doesn't work for me it seems to be all or nothing!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    to honest I can't wait the crap i'm eating is killing me! tried this for 6 months loved (and hated it in equal measure) shall be cutting all sugary crap, alcohol, crisps, chocolate, chips and unhealthy fried foods and that, plus i'm a veggy to boot so it's gonna be hard to me, but I managed it last time. As for calorie restriction I won't have any so I don't know if that classes as a proper 'diet'

Switching from crap food to healthy food? It sounds like a very proper diet to me. Good luck!
  • carlosdon
    Options
    cheers! aye maybe i'll stick to it after a year who knows! moderation is harder than abstinence!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    As for calorie restriction I won't have any so I don't know if that classes as a proper 'diet'

If you don't have any calorie restriction and eat too much fruit and veg, you wont lose weight. Remember even the healthiest foods have calories.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options

I find it ironic that so many people consider eating whole healthy foods "extreme". Heart disease is the number one killer in America. Eating the Standard American Diet (SAD) causes heart disease in almost all cases. Some would say that spending $30,000-$100,000 to cut open your chest, stop your heart, cut open your leg and remove vessels, and then sew those vessels onto other vessels to bypass a blockage is "extreme". If given the choice, I'll choose the "extreme" fruit and veggies any day. Sadly, a dear friend of mine waited to long to make that change.

Heart disease is not only preventable, it is also, in many cases, reversible.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

I find it ironic that so many people consider eating whole healthy foods "extreme". Heart disease is the number one killer in America. Eating the Standard American Diet (SAD) causes heart disease in almost all cases. Some would say that spending $30,000-$100,000 to cut open your chest, stop your heart, cut open your leg and remove vessels, and then sew those vessels onto other vessels to bypass a blockage is "extreme". If given the choice, I'll choose the "extreme" fruit and veggies any day. Sadly, a dear friend of mine waited to long to make that change.

Heart disease is not only preventable, it is also, in many cases, reversible.

This!!! I couldn't of said it better:)

I
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I hope it goes great for you! And to those trying to put him down for this....everyone is on a different level. A healthy change is great no matter what, so just be supportive!

Good luck to you! You will do awesome.:drinker:
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    As for calorie restriction I won't have any so I don't know if that classes as a proper 'diet'

If you don't have any calorie restriction and eat too much fruit and veg, you wont lose weight. Remember even the healthiest foods have calories.

LOL. Yeah, but it's a lot harder to binge on apples and asparagus than on Oreos and Barbequed Chips. As much as I love my fruit, I just cannot seem to eat enough of it to gain weight. Nuts, however, are another story.
  • carlosdon
    Options
    I'm aware of balancing food groups and all i meant by no calorie restrictions was i'm not going to say only 1200 cals a day as it will be hard enough! luck has it I exercise alot and healthier food is more filling than snack food so I should be ok, actually lost weight quickly last time and I just eat as much as I wanted (of the foods I allowed myself to eat anyway) I recommend anyone try it, for at least a month anyway!