Me vs. the Scale

So I have noticed that I have become obessed with the scale the more I continue on my journey. I used to weigh in once a week but am now waking up everyday and hopping on to see if I have a lesser number . Is it ok to weigh yourself everyday or am I becoming overly obessed?

Replies

• awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    I weigh myself daily, but I don't count the loss until it stays for 2-3 days.
  • I weigh myself every day too :smile: It helps keep me on track. I can start to see a pattern in any fluctuations too, so I don't get stressed out if those numbers happen to go up for no apparent reason. If that is what motivates you, keep it up :bigsmile:
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    I had become totally obsessed with the scale so I had to put it away and only look once a week. I didn't need the disappointment if I fluctuated.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    I weigh every morning.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    I weigh myself everyday, it helps me re-adjust things through out the week. If you find you are obsessing or you are letting the scale determin your mood for the day you may want to re-evaluate things, but I have learned my bodies fluctuations this way - and that helps understanding why the scale goes up sometimes.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member

ditto this...
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    I WAS weighing myself every day but am now doing it every OTHER. But I only logged my Monday weight number on MFP.
  • jenny4teach
    jenny4teach Posts: 56 Member
    I weigh myself almost everyday...I usually do it to check my progress. If i had a really good day before, I'll see a lower number or if I had a really bad weekend, I'll see the scale going down. I only check in my weight once a week tho.

If you think its becoming obsessive & you're mood for the entire day changes because of a bad number, I would try to cut back. But if its just to see, just because, then I think you're fine...its simple curiosity!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member

ditto this...

^ me to
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    I weigh everyday but only record on Thursdays.
  • Nurserich1
    Nurserich1 Posts: 2 Member
    Popular articles and trainers recommend you weigh 1 x week at the same time with the same cloths on. Weighing everyday does not help whit your disposition or outlook even though a lot of us do it. Best thing is to record the weight on a set day for your week and try not to get discouraged by a daily weight fluctuations.
  • Thanks every one. I guess I need to decided if it is ruling my life or not. I know that if I see a "bad" number it motivates me to do better and if I see a "good" number it makes me want to stay on track.